Toddlers: 24 Months+

summer dresses for potty trained girls

Will you have your DD wear bloomers or shorts under her summer dresses.  A lot of the 2T and 3T dresses don't come w/ bloomers anymore.  I know my DD is always rolling around and lifting up her dress, so I'm not sure what I'll have her do.  I'm curious as to what others will do.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: summer dresses for potty trained girls

• Yes absolutely.  Until she is old enough to know how to properly "behave" while wearing a dress, she will wear bloomers or shorts underneath them.  Children's Place has a few dresses with bloomers in 3T, and I'm also using some of her solid colored bloomers from last summer's dresses this year.  You can find plain bloomers on Etsy too, I think.
  • Ditto pp.  When I packed away DD's dresses last summer I kept out her plain diaper covers to use this summer.  I was also thinking of looking around to see if I could buy just the diaper covers anywhere.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • HOnestly, putting something under her dress besides her undies is just more laundry and more for her to deal with when going potty.  I have never had my girls where anything under their dresses other than their undies and none of the girls at daycare have worn anything else.  At the preschool age, it honestly is not a big deal.  Heck, at my kids daycare, the preschools have a bathroom with 2 toilets next to each other - boys and girls go at the same time.  Seeing someones undies is so not a big deal.  I honestly thing the shorts under the dresses issues gets to be more of an issue in the elementary school age range than this age.,
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Good idea, I'll go look through last summers dresses.  Luckily I haven't even put them away because I'll have to pull them back out next year for the twins.

• I don't do bloomers for my pt'ed girls either.
  • RIght now while it's just early spring, she always wears leggings under.  In the summer, I won't put bloomers on her, but I don't let her wear dresses to the playground - the only place I worry about her being unaware and flashing strangers. 

• DD just wears her underwear under her dresses.  Yes, everyone sees her underwear because she rolls around, lifts up her dress, etc., but I don't think it's that big of deal for a 2-3 year old. 
  • SD does not wear anything but panties under her dresses. If she starts to get all crazy with lifting her dress, we remind her that she needs to wear it the right way or she will have to change into shorts.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"