September 2011 Moms

Hmm?

I have been having heartburn after anything I eat even if its veggies.  I have been avoiding anything acidic but that doesn't seem to be helping. Tums help at night but during the day they aren't working.  Any advice?

Re: Hmm?

• I had WICKED heartburn with DS... didn't matter what I ate or drank. Water.... everything gave me heartburn. I have it again.... JOY

Tums don't help enough... Pepcid Complete saved my life. It has to be the Complete kind.. you can take up to 2 in a 24 hour period. Sometimes I would only need 1... (I had previously been popping 12 tums a day and it didn't help)

GL! It is so hard... the first meal I had after I delivered DS I cried... everyone asked what was wrong.. it was such a relief to not have heartburn anymore it made me cry. Seriously.

And the OWT was true for me... DS was born with more hair than a muppet Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTraycee1242:

DS was born with more hair than a muppet Stick out tongue

BAHAHA!!!

The woman I go to for reflexology showed me a massage technique that you do right at the base of your boobs and push down - I wouldn't recommend doing the exact move she showed me when pregnant (only b/c I think it would hurt) but perhaps try massaging that area down, towards your toes, would help relief some of the pain (her move really does work - it's pretty awesome!)

• Loading the player...
  • imageUZ2Bee:
    imageTraycee1242:

DS was born with more hair than a muppet Stick out tongue

BAHAHA!!!

I kid you not... this is a picture a mere 2 hours after he was born

• Call your doc. There are better meds that are safe for you to take. My theory is that you have to exhaust other options (tell your doctor what's NOT working) and they will advance you to the next medicine until you get prescribed the prescription stuff.

This is only my theory, but I've had to go through the process three times before this and it always seems so silly.

ps: LOVE that baby's hair!! Awesome!

• Traycee - love the hair.  Wish I had a picture, because DS looked like that too ... just with black hair.  He was born with a mullet.  And yes, I had horrid heartburn.

A half glass a milk often helped at least bring it to a managable level.  That and a perscription from the doctor for something strong than Tums ... sorry, can't remember the name right now.

• My girl friend is going through this right now.... the Dr. prescribed her Zantac... said it's totally safe.... my Dr. said the same thing if I needed it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"