3rd Trimester
Options

Unexpected Stretchmarks..

I was just wondering if I'm the only one that not only got stretch marks on my belly/hip area but all along my inner thighs down to the back of my knees and about an inch or two of my upper calf.  I haven't gained a ton of weight, currently at 37 weeks I'm at 32 pounds weight gain. I still fit into most of my pre pregnancy shirts and only a week or so ago did I move up to the next size in underwear.

I was totally prepared for stomach, breast and hip stretchmarks, I just didn't know that I would also be giving up my legs too. It's hard to look in the mirror and not feel completely disgusting. I am wondering if I will ever be able to wear a skirt again and forget about feeling comfortable in even a 1 piece swim suit. Am I alone? Is my body just some defective freak of nature?

Re: Unexpected Stretchmarks..

• Options
    I don't have any stretch mark there but I know that my cousin does.  She has them on the back on her legs near her calves.  She never talks about them but I have seen them so that's how I know.  They are very faint and in time yours will fade too.  Hopefully with time and a little sun you won't be able to see them.  Hang in there ;)
  • Options

You're not alone, I'm right there with you.

I have stretch marks everywhere, belly, back, hips, inner thighs, outer thighs, behind knees, above my ankles, breasts,.... I'm sure there are some areas I'm forgetting. I literally look like I took out a purple sharpie and drew random lines all over myself.

On top of that.. my legs also have busted veins! It is SUPER cute!

Hang in there, I hope most of these marks will fade SOON after delivery!

My sweet girl born April 17, 2011. http://i52.tinypic.com/dzw4md.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, none on my belly (that I can see anyway) but my upper legs look like they've been clawed by tigers, my sides are gross, and yes I've just discovered them on my inner thighs and a coupl on my calves. SUPER SUCK. I feel your pain, hopefully they'll have a magic cure by the time we deliver. ;-)
  • Options
    imageCakerQueen:

You're not alone, I'm right there with you.

I have stretch marks everywhere, belly, back, hips, inner thighs, outer thighs, behind knees, above my ankles, breasts,.... I'm sure there are some areas I'm forgetting. I literally look like I took out a purple sharpie and drew random lines all over myself.

On top of that.. my legs also have busted veins! It is SUPER cute!

Hang in there, I hope most of these marks will fade SOON after delivery!

Sounds like me- but you missed the inner arms. I know they'll fade over time so I'm just going to push through it.

Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have 'em, too.  Yuck...like I don't feel ugly enough already.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

Maybe Im just super hormonal but reading that I'm not the only one with oddly located stretch marks has me in tears! Thanks so much for sharing! It has been a huge struggle for me but it helps knowing that I'm not the only one! All my family and friends that have seen them just say "WOW!" like I'm a total freak, like I don't already know it looks awful.

I long for the day when stretch marks are the fashionable thing. Little girls will grow up excited for them to appear... lol.

• Options
    I have them on my thighs, stomach and breasts. The one's on my stomach pretty much showed up overnight (one week I had none, and the next I had a bunch) . They are so bad that my DH thought I had a severe allergic reaction and wanted to take me the ER. It's a good thing my sense of humer is intact and I knew he wasn't trying to be mean, so I was able to laugh it off.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"