Eco-Friendly Family

sippies for 10 month old

B doesn't get sippies.  And by "get" I mean he just doesn't understand how to use one yet. How should I give him his water, other than me holding a glass and letting him drink out of it (which he does well with, if he's not pulling at the cup). 

I'm debating putting water in a bottle but I don't want him to get too used to that.

What do you suggest?

Lovin' Life: M+D 7/06, T 1/08, B 5/10
Getting back to it- my diet and exercise blog
Losing it...Without Losing it

Re: sippies for 10 month old

• Have you tried a couple kinds of sippies?  I would just keep giving him one each day and let him play with it.  Eventually I'm sure he'll figure it out.  If not a glass works fine too - there are plenty of kids that never do sippies and just drink from small cups.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • have you tried only regular hard top sippy cups or straw cups or soft top sippies too? Addy seemed to "get" straw cups first then sippies... just a thought! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • C prefers straw cups or grown up cups.  the big bunny is bringing him a little tervis tumbler with a travel lid to help him learn how to use a grown up cup a little better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When C was about 10 months old we taught her how to drink from a straw and got her a straw style sippy cup. I figured she was old enough to use the straw and the sippy would be one less thing to have to wean off of later. Plus she wasn't that into a bottle anyway, so she didn't "need" the sippy transition, and if he can drink from a cup I doubt he does either.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • We started the sippy cups without the no-spill seals in...so it's just a controlled flow of liquid. Later we added the seal back in when DD got the hang of "sucking" to get more out. She also took to short straws pretty easily.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Well, we've tried the Nuby sippies, a Playtex sippy with a softer, yet hard spout, those Take Along ones and some other one that I don't know the name of.  I haven't tried the straw cup yet. I'll have to try that next week when I'm at my MILs since she has those at her house.

I'd like to give him something

Lovin' Life: M+D 7/06, T 1/08, B 5/10
    Getting back to it- my diet and exercise blog
    Losing it...Without Losing it
  • Just get a fast food straw and a tall glass of water and see how it goes.  That's what we started with...then bought the straw cup after she had learned how.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"