Austin Babies
Options

small business owners

any recs for software to manage invoices/expenses? we're trying to decide how to setup hubby. he'll only have a few clients and overall has *very* few expenses so mainly we need a method of creating/managing invoices. Word & Excel are probably sufficient, but I thought I'd see if there are some good recs out there that we ought to be looking at! Smile

also, if you track mileage for expenses -- what have you found that works best?  any iphone/ipad apps?

TIA!

Re: small business owners

• Options

Quickbooks.  Love it!

We just keep reciepts and mile logs for mileage expenses.  DH has to bill every job so he keeps regular track of mileage through the invoices.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto Quickbooks.  Although, honestly, I mostly just use Excel.   I can estimate my mileage these days, but when I used to keep track of it, I went old-school and kept a log in my car.  In a previous job I had to fax a mileage report in monthly, and they didn't care if it was hand written, so that was easiest for me.  Clearly I'm not super high-tech, though.  Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought an expensive program for mac to do my finances. But I end up just using excel.  It's easier for me to format it to what I need.  
  • Options
    When I was managing a business with a lot of invoicing and expenses I used quickbooks and LOVED it. Right now I manage my own photog business and while I have frequent income, not many expenses so just use a google spreadsheet. I like the google docs cause I can share them with DH who helps me with book keeping and taxes.
  • Options
    Ditto Quickbooks.  Especially if you plan on seeking any help from a CPA during tax time. 
  • Options

imagemrs.wildman:
    When I was managing a business with a lot of invoicing and expenses I used quickbooks and LOVED it. Right now I manage my own photog business and while I have frequent income, not many expenses so just use a google spreadsheet. I like the google docs cause I can share them with DH who helps me with book keeping and taxes.

good to know. hubby will be in that boat. he'd be lucky to have expenses once a month, but will be invoicing daily/weekly. 

• Options
    keadokeado member
    Another turbotax fan here too, for ease of use.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i use quickbooks and i really like it.  i like that i can access it and so can my bookkeeper, etc. 

my husband also uses quickbooks for his business too, but a more involved version that what i use.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"