December 2010 Moms
Options

AW: "Walking" lol

So, Belle decided to skip all the boring milestones and went straight to "walking" (heavy on the air quotes here) with assistance yesterday, LOL.

She loves to stand on me, so yesterday I put her on the floor and held her by her armpits. She "dropped it like it's hot" a few times like usual, but then she decided to go for a stroll - she took 3-4 steps toward me.  Now, every time I help her stand, she steps. Sometimes it's a good right-left-right, and sometimes it's right-pause-right(again)-left, hehe.

Does anyone else's LO do this? Meanwhile, she hasn't even attempted to roll over since the first time she did it over a month ago, lol.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: AW: "Walking" lol

• Options
    imageladyjuliet:

So, Belle decided to skip all the boring milestones and went straight to "walking" (heavy on the air quotes here) with assistance yesterday, LOL.

She loves to stand on me, so yesterday I put her on the floor and held her by her armpits. She "dropped it like it's hot" a few times like usual, but then she decided to go for a stroll - she took 3-4 steps toward me.  Now, every time I help her stand, she steps. Sometimes it's a good right-left-right, and sometimes it's right-pause-right(again)-left, hehe.

Does anyone else's LO do this? Meanwhile, she hasn't even attempted to roll over since the first time she did it over a month ago, lol.  

Big Smile  Awe, she's dancing!!

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is about" photo theboys_zps97f6caa3.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageour1stbaby2010:
    imageladyjuliet:

Sometimes it's a good right-left-right, and sometimes it's right-pause-right(again)-left, hehe.

Big Smile  Awe, she's dancing!!

I always said she'd be a Rockette because of how she kicked in utero, lol. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kat81kat81 member

DS loves standing and has been bearing weight on his legs for a LONG time now, but he hasn't really tried to take steps. 

Our poor LOs think that they're on the verge of walking or crawling when really it's going to be a long time for either. DS always tries to "launch" as DH says it. He just really wants to move and doesn't know how to...haha. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    lol-  my LO does this!  I can even take my hands away and he can stand on his own for about 2.5 seconds. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LOL "dropped it like it's hot."  I haven't even tried this with LO.  He hasn't even rolled over yet!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imagekat81:

DS always tries to "launch" as DH says it. He just really wants to move and doesn't know how to...haha. 

LOL! That's so cute. Yeah, we have a long time until they becomes truly mobile. But for now, I'll just keep calling her my little genius, lol.

• Options

imagelderea:
    lol-  my LO does this!  I can even take my hands away and he can stand on his own for about 2.5 seconds. 

Whoa! That's awesome. 

• Options
    cute!!  we like to hold E under the pits and make him "jump" around the room :)
  • Options
    Yay Belle! Olivia loves to "walk" and jump. She still has no interest in rolling over though.
  • Options

imagemissrekaeagle:
    Yay Belle! Olivia loves to "walk" and jump. She still has no interest in rolling over though.

G is similar.  He loves to "walk." He does roll back to tummy but not tummy to back.  Oh well...

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options

My LO has no interest in walking, but he loves jumping! And he does it about half the time hes awake, and my poor arms get so tired.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"