Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Do your guys just not think about LO's safety?

So DH works in construction and he just leaves his work stuff everywhere... (generally he isn't a tidy guy) but you would think he would at least consider the baby's safety.  I always just keep common areas "baby safe" (living room, kitchen) so that DD can cruise around and play.  The other day I got up and found he had left an exacto knife on the coffee table.

Yesterday before he left for work he brought some stuff in and left it on the floor - this included a power drill.... I didn't even see it until DD had her hands on it.  When I told him (as nicely as I could) "you have to be careful where you put your tools- the baby had your drill" he acted all offended- like I was nagging him.    I mean he knows she is into everything... so please don't leave your power tools on the floor!

To add to this I asked him weeks ago to install the safety locks on the kitchen cabinets- but I guess he needed to get different size screws and he has still yet to do this. 

He actually told me one day that "it's just all about the baby"... umm yeah it is... didn't you get the memo?

Re: Do your guys just not think about LO's safety?

• Options
    imagewatergirl21:

He actually told me one day that "it's just all about the baby"... umm yeah it is... didn't you get the memo?

LOL! Power tools + baby = no beuno!

• Options
    imagemm&m2010:
    imagewatergirl21:

E loves power tools.  She actually installed her own safety locks in the kitchen. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesherina825:
    imagemm&m2010:
    imagewatergirl21:

E loves power tools.  She actually installed her own safety locks in the kitchen. 

She must be advanced!Big Smile

• Options
    DH like to leave stuff around the house also.  He has "his" desk with "his" stuff (i call it crap) on it.  All the stuff he leaves laying around gets piled on his desk.  He gets very annoyed by this.  Which is all the more reason for me to keep on doing it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is when you take a power tool and the cabinet locks (while he's home of course) and start making a bunch of noise in the kitchen.  When he comes in to see what's going on you say that you're installing the locks since he hasn't yet. Hopefully he'll take over.  :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My DH is a pack rat on top of normal messiness, and I keep relling him that now that our DD is just starting to move around a bit that we need to go ahead and put stuff up. He has so much to do he feels overwhelmed but if I put it somewhere and he can't find it, he gets mad about it. I can't win either way, so I'm just going to start putting it away and let him get mad...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would just let a few things get broken... and see if he changes his tune.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine does. He hates clutter and is always on top of it. He even gets on to me for things being on the ground sometimes.
    "Everything is possible for him who believes.?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"