Breastfeeding
Options

weaning and.. guilt?

I have been pumping since the twins were born at 34 wks. I am down to 4 sessions a day in order for me to be weaned by their first birthday... is it normal to feel some sense of guilt? I am glad I was able to give them BM for as long as i have (even though we did have to supplement with formula at times)... I think pumping has become such a big part of my routine that it feels like something is missing? maybe it's just me.... :-/
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: weaning and.. guilt?

• Options

I think its probably completely normal.  You've been at this for a long time.  And may I say 

Holy smokes, you have done amazing work!  BF twins for a year.  Wow! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagececiliasdiamond:

I think its probably completely normal.  You've been at this for a long time.  And may I say 

Holy smokes, you have done amazing work!  BF twins for a year.  Wow! 

aww- thank you! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I weaned DD about 10 days ago, and I noticed some blues/depression type feelings which is unusual for me but I read that this is normal when you wean.  Great job!
  • Options

Just thinking about weaning makes me blue and sad, it's just around the corner for us. And there is always the "mommy guilt" as I like to call it. But just remember that you have worked hard to get your little babes off to a wonderful start. I'm going to miss the closeness.....but I think as my DD grows we will build other bonds as well that will instill an even deeper level of closeness.

congrats on making it so long!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"