North Carolina Babies

3 Things

1. We REALLY need a "like" button on the Nest/bump.....sometimes I want to comment on things but there is just no time! Hear me Nest/Bump Gods?

2. My week at work has royally sucked! Today I plan to do NOTHING! I mean Ill prob watch reruns of whatever I can find online. Im serious yesterday really blowed!

3. & the real reason for my post. Im getting the itch to paint another room in the house. My kithen. However, Im SO stumped on what color to paint it. Its not a huge room so Im thinking I wnat to go with more color than beige this time. Esp since its not so big and I wouldnt mind doing it again in 5 yrs or so. Heres a pic - any suggestions? The lighting is so miuch better in these pics then it is in person, and there are large exposed wood beams which makes the room pretty dark. So maybe thats why I want some color. FYI-these are the pics when the house was listed.....I may need to go back and take a few pointers....it looks so neat! Tongue Tied

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3 Things

• I have no advice.  But I LOVE your house.  It is soo pretty. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL! I love all the wood details.

I agree that you should stay with a light color, since the wood beams do darken it some. I'm a fan of pale gray/aqua blues... I think that would look nice with the tone of the cabinets. Or maybe a super pale olive green? We have this in our bathroom, and olive isn't what I was going for, more of an "celery" green. But all of the light greens I found looked too minty. So a super light olive ended up working great.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • ok seriously, i LOVE your kitchen!!!   we're planning to paint our kitchen this light purple/blue color... kinda like periwinkle but not quite. 

as for your #1, there's a thumbs up icon, that could work for ya! Yes  it's [ Y ] w/no spaces, bc it takes me forever to get the icon things to load lol. 

• What a beautiful kitchen! We have similar wood and countertop colors and we chose a light green for our kitchen. I had a terracotta orange color at the old house that I loved but it just didn't work for the new place. I agree with pp to keep it light and whatever you choose will look nice. I could see a yellow tone working well in your space. I always start by going to home depot and grabbing tons of color swatches and then narrow it down when I get back home. GL!

Sorry you have been so busy lately. I hope you get to relax today as planned!

• Wow!  Your kitchen is VERY pretty.  I love the floors!  (Do you like them?) 

I going to vote for a dusty/orangy red color.  I tink that would really compliment the wood - and if you think it would be too dark, you could only do one or two walls (the cabinet wall and the hallway wall).  Red is supposed to stimulate appetite, so it is often used in kitchens and dining rooms. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Green has been on my mind bc we are so out in the woods and it would work well with the beige thats in the rest of the house.

Plus I think it would set off the dark counters and wood beams. Its just hard to invision you know? I have a green swatch that I already love for the master bathroom so maybe Ill try it in the kitchen first. But I really wanted to use the color for the kitchen in the laundry room and possibly a hallway......IDK....a green hallway?

I also like the idea of yellow but DH doesnt....I think I can sell him on green easier. Looks like most of my day will be spent on Rate My Space :)

Thanks Ladies!

• imageJuberP:

Wow!  Your kitchen is VERY pretty.  I love the floors!  (Do you like them?) 

I going to vote for a dusty/orangy red color.  I tink that would really compliment the wood - and if you think it would be too dark, you could only do one or two walls (the cabinet wall and the hallway wall).  Red is supposed to stimulate appetite, so it is often used in kitchens and dining rooms. 

I do like the floors! Although the constant showing of cat hair gets to me often! :) We bought a large rug for the dining room now bc mopping all of it was getting hard! So that has helped. But yes Im in love with my dark wood floors! I hope they last a very long time!

• i'd say a lighter olivish green would be great but i also love the organishe color that Backthepack has in her kitchen!! i agree with pp that u should get a few different shades/colors and put them on the wall n the room to see waht u think looks best. I LOVE THE KITCHEN!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"