Austin Babies

Bathtub anxiety?

We've tried bathing H in the regular bathtub for the past two nights and she's freaked out both times. Like screaming/crying trying to climb out of the tub kind of freak out. Anyone else experience something like this with their LO? We're going to start using the little tub again but is there anything we can do to ease her into the big tub when she finally outgrows the little one?

Re: Bathtub anxiety?

• We have been dealing with this off and on since about your DD's age.  She'll be fine for a few months, then flip out, and it repeats.  We just came out of a two month freakout episode and she's finally getting into the tub and playing again.

Things that have worked: bribery with new toys, a new bathmat with Elmo, promise to watch Curious George after her bath, animal crackers, etc.  We were so desperate, we tried any bribe we could think of.  Sometimes they worked, others they didn't.

Everything I read and what other people said here was to not force her to do it if she was that terrified, so we didn't. We switched to sink baths for quite awhile.

Good luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • What about getting in the bath with her? Too hippie dippy for some, but it worked for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • i don't have any practical advice, but we are going thru this too. it started ~ 6 mos for my DS3...we think my #2 son poured too much water over his head and it freaked him out. we backed off and went back to bathing him in the sink (at an earlier time of day when he wasn't too tired) and it got better. we started him back in the tub, maybe 11 or 12mos old? and he did great for awhile and then started freaking again. He's also been battling ear infections and teething since January and I think that might have something to do with it? not sure. we tried bathing him outside on one of the recent warm afternoons and he still screamed. I'm hoping he'll get past it for awhile for swimming this summer!!! hope your DD passes thru it quickly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"