Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

How are your furbabies now?

We have two boston terriers and they are great with our LO!  I remember being so nervous bringing the baby home with two dogs in the house but they've adjusted so great and know the boundaries around the house and DS.  We'll be doing more baby proofing with gates and stuff which will limit them even more but they'll be okay.  How are your furbabies doing? 

Re: How are your furbabies now?

• Options

We have two cats and one dog. One of our cats (Cilla) started an extremely strong bond with Preston when he was a baby and they still have it. She is doing the same with Harrison too.

The dog is huge, but he puts up with sooo much and never ever ever seems agitated. He is great.

The other cat. Hmph. We call her the "Rat". She is white, doesn't like anyone, sticks to herself and slinks around everywhere. Hence the name "Rat".

image Preston 10/13/06 - Harrison 04/14/10
  • Options
    Busterina is pretty good. She's more patient with Riley than she is with us - things we get bit for Riley just gets a head butt or a swipe of the paw (Buster is a rabbit, their nails are not sharp). We supervise them together at all times, of course, since rabbits are pretty high strung but for the most part they get along and when Buster has had enough she retreats to the guest bedroom. Only once has she lunged at Riley because she was startled and I grabbed R out of the way, but she still cried. Buster ran and hid in the guest room without asking for breakfast, which never happens. I swear she knew what she did was bad.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We have a boxer.  I was nervous about bringing DD home too bc our boxer is a rescue.  She was only with us 2 months before we got pregnant.  Her and DD get along so well that I can't believe I was ever worried about it.  She is so patient and protective.  DD loves to pet her and our boxer loves every second of the attention.  We've definitely had to establish some boundaries for our boxer, but we've been really consistent with it and I think that's why everything has gone so smoothly.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    we have a chihuahua and a black lab. i wasnt really nervous to bring LO home because dogs know that the LO is your baby. everyone says that little dogs hate little kids but our chihuahua loves him! and our black lab is really nice to him too. overall they are really chill
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have three cats and two dogs. Matthew plays roughly with them so they avoid him most of the time. He pulls the cats tails, tries to ride the dogs, takes the toys away from the dogs and so on. Luckily, the dogs just whine when he acts out.

• Options

We have a large dog (Rhodesian Ridgeback) & a cat.  The dog is very chill & is awesome with her.  He pretty much leaves her alone, but he's gentle when she gets nosy.

I was SUPER worried about the cat.  He has claws & gets jealous.  So far, so good though.  DD is very curious about him & always going over to him.  She pets gentle, but sometimes goes for his tail.  We have to be right.there to make sure she doesn't provoke him. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    We have a vizsla, and while she's GREAT with DD, she is so annoying.  She gets exercised extensively every morning, but is constantly needy for attention.  We give her one on one time in the evenings, but it's still not enough for her.  Quite frankly, it's very annoying and it makes me resent her. Tongue Tied  It's sad all around.
  • Options
    imageMJ5678:

We have a boxer.  I was nervous about bringing DD home too bc our boxer is a rescue.  She was only with us 2 months before we got pregnant.  Her and DD get along so well that I can't believe I was ever worried about it.  She is so patient and protective.  DD loves to pet her and our boxer loves every second of the attention.  We've definitely had to establish some boundaries for our boxer, but we've been really consistent with it and I think that's why everything has gone so smoothly.

OMG at all that hair-it's beautiful!

We have two big dogs, a great dane and a rottie/shepard mix of sorts.  They're both pretty oblivious to the baby.  They're ok with her petting them, but mostly just ignore her, which is fine by me.

We just make sure she learns to pet them nicely and never ever go for the tail or head/ears.  I know it's going to be more difficult once she's mobile, but we'll always make sure the dogs have a "safe place" to go if they want to get away from her.

• Options
    The cats were with us before the kids and they adapted fine.  Our one cat Stewie who passed away in October loved the boys and always wanted to be around, especially DS1.  The other two avoid the kids.  We brought the dog home after the kids and he's adjusted fine.  I'm not sure if ever lived with kids, but I doubt it.  He avoids the boys pretty much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"