February 2011 Moms
Options

kinda sad (DH vent)

So my 25th b-day is Friday.  Friday he is working and that night we have dinner plans at my parents house.  Sat, I was hoping we'd be able to celebrate my b-day together as a family.. maybe go to the zoo or starved rock.  DH is planning on working Sat.. Last Sat he worked at the same place (this is a side job, not his main job) last Sat.. He left at 6am sat and didn't get home until 1 am Sunday.  Then b/c he was tired and DS was grumpy/gassy DH was an a$$ all effn day.  I don't want to deal w/ that again.. especially on my b-day weekend.  DH says when he gets home Sat night we can do anything I want.   Whatever, he'll be too tried and thats even if he gets home at a decent time.  

If I ask him not to work he will go on about how we need the money (it won't hurt to have it.. but sometimes all he thinks about is money) and all day Sat he will be thinking about how he should be helping that guy out... so that is pointless.  For his b-days, I plan parties, make cake, go out of my way to make it special.. mine will be spent alone.. take care of our son.. alone again..

Sorry for the pitty party...  was just hoping for a special day.. I guess me and DS will have a party Sat for ourselves.  

Come on Sticky baby!!
EDD 6/30/2016
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD: 2/26/11  BORN: 2/15/2011

EDD: 2/23/2014  M/C 6/18/2013
EDD 6/25/2014  M/C 11/8/2013
M/C 4/20/2014
M/C 6/22/2014

Our Z
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Check out my Blog:
http://gomommy-meandmyboys.blogspot.com/

Re: kinda sad (DH vent)

• Options
    Aw, I am sorry Nikki, that stinks! Maybe try to plan some thing fun with Z? Ask DH for a day-long, rain-check celebration?((hugs))
  • Options
    There's no reason why you can't plan a party for yourself. Invite some friends over for takeout and chick flicks, or go out for dinner. My husband isn't the type to plan parties or romantic surprises, so I don't sit around waiting for him to become someone he isn't. If I want to do something, I usually have to make it happen myself. My DH is a great guy, but there are some things he does better than others. Your birthday will be what you make it. I hope it turns out great for you!
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Girl, that's the story of my life when it comes to birthdays! In our 6 yrs of marriage he has yet to take a day off for my birthday or try to plan to celebrate it with me. I totally understand your frustration. BTW, you're an April Fool's Baby!! My DH missed that by 4 days.

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"