Eco-Friendly Family

extended rear facing question...

I know I'm behind the times with this question, but here it goes. If my car seat says, rear facing 5-35 lbs, there is no reason to turn him until he is over 35lbs, right? So, Ben can continue to rear face until he is 35lbs. Correct?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: extended rear facing question...

• Correct.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • as long as he's not too tall. most kids outgrow their seats by height not weight. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank-you. I was pretty sure I was right, but just needed someone else to tell me it. Smile
  • imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:
    as long as he's not too tall. most kids outgrow their seats by height not weight. 
    Okay, so how can you tell that your child is too tall? I can't find anything about height in our instruction manuals.
  • imagej.h.mommy:
    imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:
    as long as he's not too tall. most kids outgrow their seats by height not weight. 
    Okay, so how can you tell that your child is too tall? I can't find anything about height in our instruction manuals.

typically it's when there is less than an inch of shell above their head. You have to be careful to measure at the same angle though, if you look straight on it can seem like there is less room than there is.

this is a good picture tutorial of how to tell: https://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=30201 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"