Military Families

JBMDL Mama's-- Question about CDC.

I am just starting to look into putting our July due daughter in one of the Mcguire/Dix/Lakehursts CDCs. How does it work? And how do they feel about cloth diapers? Are you happy with your experiences there? We aren't fully on-board with anything yet, just thought I'd get a headstart, plus heard there could be a waitlist. TIA.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: JBMDL Mama's-- Question about CDC.

• I believe they only have one facility and it is scheduled to move to a new building late spring/early summer.  I also heard they are reducing the number of children they can accommodate.  I can't tell you anything else about their policies though.  Their phone is 609-562-2371.  You should give them a call and see if you can get a copy of the policies and if they'll have room for your LO.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If the CDC isn't willing to accomodate CDing and it's something you definitely want to do inquire about the Family Child Care Homes.  The coordinator's number is 609-562-1312/3540.  It's military families that offer child care in their home on and off post.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The babies go to CDC 1 on the McGuire side.  I'm not sure how they feel about cloth diapering you could ask but CDing seems to be spreading like wildfire on this base so they may be ok with it.  You can always call and ask.  Sgt M's wife is right though there are lots of FCC providers.  You can pick up a list at CDC central registration on Dix side.  My oldest son went and loved it.  When I drop them off for Give Parents a Break they still remember him!  I love that place. 

Are you new here?  If so, welcome!  We have a very active MOPS group on base if you are interested.  It's a great way to make other mommy friends!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I actually asked a few girls about this yesterday and the CDCs do not cloth diaper at all.  Not even for hourly care.  My friend Laura buys disposables for when she has to drop off her LO
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"