Babies: 3 - 6 Months

women with DD's

I took DD for her 4 month checkup the other day and the doc said I needed to watch the little grey line on her vagina to make sure it doesnt close. she told me to up a&d or some other creme/ lotion on it.

anyone else have this issue and can some one give me some info about it?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicpu
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: women with DD's

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I haven't heard anything about this. What is the gray line?
  • Loading the player...
  • but why does this happen? and if it closes other than causing pp problems what else will it do? the doc said we would hav to use premarin creme which i dont wnat to do this early

• imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    I did not have this issue w/ DD, but it can happen with baby girls. When they are little, their labia can actually fuse together. Just clean her decently with a wipe (not TOO frequently, as that would cause irritation), and put diaper cream on liberally in the morning when she wakes up and in the evening right before she goes to bed. GL!

WHUCK?! I have never ever heard this. Now I am going to have to go home and check on this.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Photobucket
  • imageavhardison:

but why does this happen? and if it closes other than causing pp problems what else will it do? the doc said we would hav to use premarin creme which i dont wnat to do this early

I think its just a hormonal imbalance. My former boss's little girl had this happen(She was probably about 18 months) and they used the premarin. It took care of it for them.

A + Life

Anniversary

Me:24 DH:27
    TTC #2 since August 2011

DX: Low AMH 1.79 Mildly elevated FSH 9.9

1 month of Letrozole, 3 IUI's with Letrozole, All BFN. 1 canceled IVF cycle, BFN.

May 2013 IVF w/ICSI #1.5: Start BCP 5/8 2 pills a day. Suppression Ultrasound 5/29. Begin Dexamethasone & Lupron Microdose 5/31. Started Gonal F and Menopur 6/2.

ER 6/12 13R,9M,8F.

5DT CANCELLED due to moderate OHSS

5DT UNcancelled due to embryos not being capable of cryopreservation

Transfered 2 "poor quality" embryo's on 6/17

No frozen embryos.

Beta #1 6/25 6. Chemical Pregnancy confirmed. Beta #2 6/28 -1
    Done trying

• I came in because of my bewb size.

Embarrassed

• SO I JUST FOUND THIS :

This is called labial adhesions, and you don't need to worry about this unless the opening is entirely closed. These adhesions are thought to happen because of a NORMAL lack of circulating estrogen in a young baby. These adhesions almost always open up with time, but sometimes the Doctor will prescribe an estrogen cream to be applied for about two weeks to help the process. There is a potential side effect of the cream: faint pubic hair growth - which doesn't happen very often. If this does happen, you simply stop the cream.

I JUST THINK THIS IS ODD. BUT APPARENTLY IS NOTHING TOO BAD. BUT I AM REAL SKETCH ABOUT USING HORMONE CREAM THIS EARLY IN LIFE. I DONT LOVE THAT IDEA~!

• Have to post and run cause I am at work...but our pedi told us this too. Cant remember what it is called right now (it came up at our 2 month appointment). But he prescribed premarin which we applied once a day for 10 days. My understanding is that the reason that it happens is due to the baby no longer being exposed to your estrogen in utero. The labia fuses shut. If you do not treat now, it would most likely open on its own when your daughter hits puberty and begins producing her own estrogen. But our pedi said that sometimes it will thicken, and more invasive procedures may be required to open it. But I think it will usually open on its own?? We decided to go the route our doctor suggested, but I was conflicted about it - I didnt really want to give hormones to my 2 months old. But everything seems fine now.

I hope you find this helpful, others may know much more than me, so please correct me if I am wrong.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecmcmurray:

Have to post and run cause I am at work...but our pedi told us this too. Cant remember what it is called right now (it came up at our 2 month appointment). But he prescribed premarin which we applied once a day for 10 days. My understanding is that the reason that it happens is due to the baby no longer being exposed to your estrogen in utero. The labia fuses shut. If you do not treat now, it would most likely open on its own when your daughter hits puberty and begins producing her own estrogen. But our pedi said that sometimes it will thicken, and more invasive procedures may be required to open it. But I think it will usually open on its own?? We decided to go the route our doctor suggested, but I was conflicted about it - I didnt really want to give hormones to my 2 months old. But everything seems fine now.

I hope you find this helpful, others may know much more than me, so please correct me if I am wrong.  

THANKS! I AM GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHOS DOC SAID THIS! THANKS FOR THE INFO

• imageLILBIT1221:

I came in because of my bewb size.

Embarrassed

same.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • imageavhardison:

but why does this happen? and if it closes other than causing pp problems what else will it do? the doc said we would hav to use premarin creme which i dont wnat to do this early

because that area is so moist the skin actually adheres together which can cause a closed vagina. When an adhesion is irritated it can bleed a bit and be painful. It is very similar to the cracked skin you can get on the bottom or inside of your toes. Dd had an adhesion but wasn't closed, our pedi just had us put sine Vaseline on it each night. I guess some vaginas can close completely which requires surgery, but this is I e treme cases. 1ht
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageLILBIT1221:

I came in because of my bewb size.

Embarrassed

Guilty of this, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • What?! Never heard of this. Now I'm going to have to look... What grey line? I've never noticed a grey line before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageavhardison:

I used to babysit a little girl and her dad explained to me that it happens because baby girls don't start producing estrogent until the age of 2 and that's what causes it.  Apparently she had the problem and he was giving me a head's up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's called a labial adhesion. Our pedi told us DD had one at our 2month check-up...not closed yet but just the vaginal opening was not as open as it should be. She told us to put vasoline on the labia with diaper changes and by our 4 month check-up it was totally gone and no need for vasoline anymore!

It's pretty common..lots of little girls get it

Megan and Brandon ~October 10, 2009~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"