Natural Birth
Options

Introducing myself :)

Hi there! I was really excited to find this natural birth board, and have been reading pretty regularly.

This is our first baby, it's a boy! He is due May 22.

We're seeing a practice of CNMs, which practice at a local hospital. I definitely would rather opt for a birth center, but there are none in our area. The closest one is about an hour and a half away.

I'm blessed with a wonderful legacy of NB. My mom went natural with me and my sister, and my sister was born at home. I'm grateful to have her support and experience. Our next baby we hope to have a home birth, but since this is the first time I've done this, I felt better having medical attention close by, should we need it. This is especially important to me since neither myself, nor my sister breathed on our own when we were born.

We just recently finished our Bradley classes, and I am reading everything I can get my hands on about birth. I'm really excited to have this experience and share it with my husband. I'm so amazed that women's bodies are made to do this.

Looking forward to chatting with you all! 

Mama to sunshine baby "J" 5.13.11 and angel baby "E" born still on 2.11.14
TTC our rainbow since April '14

Re: Introducing myself :)

• Options

Hi Scoot!  Congrats on your baby- your due date isn't far off! 

I just found out I am pregnant, and am due 12/6/11.  I have always only wanted to go natural when the time came to have children...me and my four siblings were all born 100% naturally!  I am so grateful to have the support of my husband and mother in this decision because I know everyone else will think I am crazy.  In talking with my girlfriends the past few years about pregnancy and birth, I stand alone with the wish for a natural birth.  Everyone else says they don't want to feel the pain, or they'll take all the drugs they can get.  I just don't feel that way. 

How did you like the Bradley classes? Did you look into any other methods, and if so, why did you choose Bradley?

Good luck to you!

• Options
    imagePV0105:

Hi Scoot!  Congrats on your baby- your due date isn't far off! 

I just found out I am pregnant, and am due 12/6/11.  I have always only wanted to go natural when the time came to have children...me and my four siblings were all born 100% naturally!  I am so grateful to have the support of my husband and mother in this decision because I know everyone else will think I am crazy.  In talking with my girlfriends the past few years about pregnancy and birth, I stand alone with the wish for a natural birth.  Everyone else says they don't want to feel the pain, or they'll take all the drugs they can get.  I just don't feel that way. 

How did you like the Bradley classes? Did you look into any other methods, and if so, why did you choose Bradley?

Good luck to you!

12/6 is my sister's birthday :).

I loved the Bradley classes. My mom took Bradley with my sister, and she said it really helped her prepare for birth. I really liked the husband coached aspect of it, and how much it involves your partner. The massage aspect of it is lovely. Other than that, I liked how much it focused on education about what your body is doing at different points in labor, and what emotions and thought processes accompany the different points.

Mama to sunshine baby "J" 5.13.11 and angel baby "E" born still on 2.11.14
    TTC our rainbow since April '14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi Scoot :)  Good to see you here preparing for a NB :)
  • Options
    Scoot- good to know!  I want my husband invovled as much as possible...so that info really helped!  I haven't yet looked into any method, but the Bradley method is sounding good so far!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"