Potty Training

potty chair vs potty ring

DD isn't even 2 yet but has started coming over and pointing at her butt and say uh oh when she poops. So we're thinking of starting potty training. Wondering if the chair is better to start with and then move on to the ring on the big potty or just go strait to the ring.What worked for you?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: potty chair vs potty ring

• We first tried the ring, but DD was afraid of the big potty so we bought a chair.  She uses both equally now (just chair the first few weeks of training) and we are hoping to get rid of the chair all together in the next few weeks.
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • We use the potty ring. We started with that and she wasn't afraid of it and it's worked well for us.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Loading the player...
  • I have only used the ring.  My kids were never afraid of the toilet.  I figured starting on the ring would be one less thing to have to do a transition with and less of a mess.  My daughter has been potty trained for about a month and now she barely even uses the ring.  She prefers holding herself up (my oldest started off with nothing too, she was PT at 22 months).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"