Pregnant after 35

NBR: What movies have you seen lately?

So in the spirit of keeping our little group active... 

What movies have you seen lately?

It doesn't have to be in the theatre, could be a renter... 

Did you like it?

Recommend it?

What's the genre?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: NBR: What movies have you seen lately?

• Heh, I am terrible with going to or watching movies... though I love them... have been meaning to set up a Netflix account for ages.

Last one I saw was "The King's Speech" and before that it was probably "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" (still need to see "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. I")

I very much liked "The King's Speech" though it was agonizing to watch (I felt I was stuttering along with Bertie and found I wasn't breathing properly through most of the movie).   I would totally recommend it.

Genre: Drama/Oscar Winner.  

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
  • The last theatre movie I saw was Black Swan .. loved it! 

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I totally hate when I get mid post and swamped with work!! Sheesh don't they know I'm not as good at multitasking as I was before pregnancy!

OK, so Last movie we saw in the theatre:

Battle: Los Angeles  - Action/Sci-Fi/Triller

Overall, not bad... but no Black Hawk Down either. I'd give it a B-

Good effects, good acting, story line... eh a little weak.

I liked that the actors weren't all A listers, and the story was told from an interesting perspective, but the editing could have been better. There just wasn't enough fluidity in character development for some of the main characters. You kinda knew what their motivations were, and they weren't super heroes, but they didn't feel like they were being true to who they are totally either. 

• Man, So is a movie freak! We go almost every weekend now that the bars are out! hehehe. Last sunday we did a double header

Limitless. LOVED it and not just because the yummy Bradley Cooper was in it. It was a very well done movie. I guess it was a sci-drama. Totally recommend it

Then we saw Paul. Very cute! This one was a gift for SO but I really ended up enjoying it.

Week before we saw The Adjustment Bureau- Matt Damon movie. Not at all what I thought. Complete chick flick. Love story. SO was a little dissapointed, thought it would be more sci fi ish. But I liked it.

• Don't get to go out to the theater much?recent rentals? Due Date - completely unfunny. I really really wanted to like it. You Again? - Again, I really wanted to like it. Was marketed as a comedy but not really funny. The Social Network - Awesome I think I am going to rent Unstoppable this weekend?heard good things about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I heard Unstoppable was good too. Let me know what you think
  • We saw unstoppable last week... good flick. 
  • I'd like to see The Social Network.  My dad said it was great.

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"