High-Risk Pregnancy

Constant BH-Now on Bedrest

Im new here as in terms of writing but ever since I found out I was pregnant i have read many things of what was written. But as of today I was put on bedrest until delivery so I thought it was a good time to start writing.

I was put on bedrest for my constant BH contractions. I feel like a wimp to be put on bedrest but i guess the doctor wouldnt just put me on it to just put me on it. Ive gone to the hospital twice for them, and both times I was having these BH every 2 minutes. Everything I have read about BH doesn't seem to match what I am going through. The only thing is that my cervix is still closed and long. I was just wondering if anyone else is going through what I am going through, and confused by it. Or if your not confused could you help me understand what is going on.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Constant BH-Now on Bedrest

• The only thing you can make sure to do is drink a ton of water. I have them every 10-15 minutes and when they get closer then 10 I start to drink water, if that doesnt work after an hour I go to L&D.

I also have no changes yet but this happened with DS and I did not realize they were so close until I was about 28 weeks and had dilated 1cm and started to shorten. I was also in labor with a positive ffn but lasted 6 more weeks on bedrest slowly progressing to 4cm when my water broke. DS was fine but I seem to be contracting earlier this time so I am on the progesterone shot to prevent pre term labor.

Every 2 minutes is pretty crazy, mine havent gotten closer than 5 this time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel like nothing i really do makes them go away. Mine get more intense when i get up and walk around to go to the bathroom.

So i guess they can change that fast to true contractions that change your cervix. Yah i thought every 2 minutes was crazy! This is my first pregnancy but i never heard or read about them being that close together. I also had a positive ffn but they told me since my cervix wasn't thinning i didn't have to worry about it. 

Thanks for sharing with me! 

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Having a full bladder also causes contractions so every time I pee I also have a contraction but am not on bedrest yet. My ffn was negative last week. Maybe that is why I am not on bedrest and you are?
  • No experience w/BH but wanted to say welcome and I hope LO continues "bakin" and BH slow
  • I'm in this situation--bedrest due to BH whenever I move around.  Just chug chug chug the water and pee as soon as you feel the urge.  Lying on my left side helps too.  Good luck!
  • Your situation sounds a lot like mine except my ffn test was negative 2wks ago. My by were 3-4mins apart but did not dilate. My dr did say my cervix was open either the inner or outer part but I'm not sure what that means. If I'm active and walking around in the house it causes them to be worse, so I've really been on the couch most if the time. My dr said I was having contrax and he doesn't call them bh, he just says contrax...i guess if they are that frequent its not good no matter what.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"