Eco-Friendly Family

toddlers and tacos

If you make tacos or taco salad do you give to your LO and they eat it ok? I am dying to make taco salad but I don't know if it'd be too much for her and thinking maybe I should just make her up a quesadilla with cheese and lettuce but then I hate to hinder her tastes if she might like it...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: toddlers and tacos

• I always give them some of what we're having.  In your case I would probably give her both and see how it goes.  My boys are usually good with the taco meat but don't love the lettuce.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • imagensees:
    I always give them some of what we're having.  In your case I would probably give her both and see how it goes.  My boys are usually good with the taco meat but don't love the lettuce.

too funny! A LOVES lettuce! haha She steals it from us if we are out to eat and have a side salad or if DH has it on a sandwich. I think the last time I made tacos she was a bit closer to a year and I just made her a cheese quesadilla.  But now we do like you do and she mostly eats everything we do so I didn't want to slight her but wasn't sure if it'd hurt her tummy or something. Thanks!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • ds LOVES tacos!  but i only give him soft shell tacos, i avoid the hard shells since he doesn't have all his teeth yet.   lettuce doesn't bother him, esp if it's shredded/small pieces.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I give "deconstructed tacos" - so a little bit of meat, some guac, a little tomato, a torn up tortilla, etc.  We don't do dairy, so no cheese or sour cream, but if we did, I'd put those on there too.
  • our kids all eat tacos :)
    Check out The Eco-Friendly Family, a
    Green Living Blog
    for eco-information and fun giveaways!

• imageFun2Dream:
    I give "deconstructed tacos" - so a little bit of meat, some guac, a little tomato, a torn up tortilla, etc.  We don't do dairy, so no cheese or sour cream, but if we did, I'd put those on there too.

This is what we do, too. 

• DS eats 90% of what we eat so yes definitely.  Like some pp's he doesn't like the full thing so he eats the meat, cheese, etc... separately. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Now I want tacos.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • I'm so jealous of your good eaters.  N will not eat the majority of what we eat.  Occasionally, he'll eat the side, but almost never the protein.  He used to eat chicken, but rarely will now and gets most of his protein from cheese and peanut butter now.  So jealous.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Did this post make anyone else think of "Toddlers and Tiaras"?!  I think this would make for a better show!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageaspade:
    Did this post make anyone else think of "Toddlers and Tiaras"?!  I think this would make for a better show!

::raises hand::

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"