Eco-Friendly Family

Lentils ideas

I have some orange/red colored lentils in the pantry. I'd like to make something for dinner using them. Vegetarian or vegan preferable since it might be a little more stable for DH for lunch tomorrow if he's out in the heat. Does anyone have any good recipes? We have a lot of fresh fruits and veggies still in the house from grocery shopping over the weekend. I was hoping to make some cilantro/lime rice mixture as well. Would these go with something like that? And they don't require an overnight soak like the beans do they?

Re: Lentils ideas

• The lentils I buy have a recipe on the package and I follow that, usually adding more veggies. They don't need an overnight soak. And I think it would be great with the rice :)
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • I got my lentils from a bulk bin at Sprout's. So there isn't a package to reference for ideas or cooking time. Maybe I'll just wing it. I know that the rice will be a hit for DD and DH. DS might go for it once he sees DD trying it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"