May 2011 Moms

Leaking Fluid at 34 weeks??

This morning right before I left the house for work I felt a quick small gush of what felt like water come out. I ran to the bathroom to see what it was (thank god I was wearing a thin panty liner) It was definitely a clear fluid maybe 3/4 of a teaspoon. It hasn't happened before so my first thought was "am I leaking amniotic fluid"? I didn't call the Dr. I have an appointment on Friday so I figured I would just pay close attention to see if more comes out and make sure the baby is still moving normally and if there are any changes I will call right away. Otherwise wait until Friday morning. I'm assuming they will check my fluid level when I come in?  I'm 34 weeks today. Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Leaking Fluid at 34 weeks??

• Have you noticed it again?  Unfortunately, normal vaginal discharge this late in pregnancy can be quite watery.  I'd mention it to your doctor though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ya I leaked thru my pants this morning and it was just normal discharge. Just watch if u get more big leaks or gushes. If u r really worried go to ob and they can do a really quick test to see if ur positive
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJessicaG56:
    Ya I leaked thru my pants this morning and it was just normal discharge. Just watch if u get more big leaks or gushes. If u r really worried go to ob and they can do a really quick test to see if ur positive

this for sure. Sometimes I will call it the flood because it's so much discharge. ikky, but at least it's normal! 

• yeah, it would probably be more, if it was your water.  I thought I was leaking a couple times with DS, but I never was.  It will only take the OB a second to test it.   
    image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • Ugh.  My discharge has gotten worse, and now that you ladies say this is normal I cringe. How the hell are we supposed to know if we ARE leaking amniotic fluid?
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCanuckFan03:
    Ugh.  My discharge has gotten worse, and now that you ladies say this is normal I cringe. How the hell are we supposed to know if we ARE leaking amniotic fluid?

I got this off of the Mayo clinics website: 

So how do you know if you're leaking urine, vaginal fluid or amniotic fluid? Here are some clues:

If you're leaking urine, the fluid will likely have a distinctive odor.If you're leaking vaginal fluid, the discharge will probably be clear or white to yellowish. It can be rather sloppy, requiring multiple changes of underwear or panty liners in a single day.If you're leaking amniotic fluid or your water has broken, the fluid is likely to saturate your underwear or panty liner over and over again. The fluid may be clear or contain white flecks, perhaps tinged with blood or mucus. It isn't likely to smell, however.https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rupture-of-membranes/MY01454  I have always been told if you are soaking through a pad in an hour to call the doctor.    
    Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"