Secondary IF

Where Do I Belong?

Hello Ladies,

First, let me say that I have been monioring this board for a couple months. You all seem like a great group. DH and I are at the year mark, with my cycles getting longer and longer (28 days, now up to 45). I have had clockwork cycles my entire life, up until about 3 months ago. My OBGYN ordered initial bloodwork, and that came back clear. I am getting a pelvic ultrasound done next week. She then said depending on those results, I would likely go on Clomid for two months then get a HSG.

Do you think it's too early in the game to post here? I am by no means in denial, I just feel like you all have been through so much more than me at this point, and I don't want to discredit your experiences. I would love to begin posting here, if you'll have me. I am really struggling (already), because of course we were expecting our son just a couple of months off of bc almost four years ago.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where Do I Belong?

• I think starting to post now when you are looking into testing and treatment is a perfect time. If you haven't been down this road before it's a lot to take in and it's always good to hear others with experience.  And obviously from my ticker you can see that everyone is at a different point in their journey. 

One of the big reasons why I think it's good to start posting now when you are looking to start clomid is that many ob/gyn's don't really monitor the way they should and seem to ignore the risks that can come with clomid.  I had a very unusual reaction to it which was found b/c of the u/s and monitoring I got from the RE so I always caution people about taking it with no monitoring. 

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• I totally agree with Pixie and think it's completely appropriate for you to post here. Wishing you all the best in your journey, hope you are able to get pregnant very soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm just starting with all this too. I was curious if this was the right place also but everyone has been supportive and very helpful with insight. Welcome!
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • You are of course welcome! The way I see it, this board is for people who have a child and are having issues with having another, you don't have to be unsuccessful for X amount of time. If you want the support, then by all means post here. I was so glad to find this place, I had so many questions and yet was afraid to post on the infertility boards because I already do have a DS. 

And know we all meant it in the best possible way that we hope your stay here is short.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePixiestx:

I think starting to post now when you are looking into testing and treatment is a perfect time. If you haven't been down this road before it's a lot to take in and it's always good to hear others with experience.  And obviously from my ticker you can see that everyone is at a different point in their journey. 

One of the big reasons why I think it's good to start posting now when you are looking to start clomid is that many ob/gyn's don't really monitor the way they should and seem to ignore the risks that can come with clomid.  I had a very unusual reaction to it which was found b/c of the u/s and monitoring I got from the RE so I always caution people about taking it with no monitoring. 

I agree with Pixie 100%.  Welcome to the board lovey!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Welcome and come on in!  I was hesitant to post at first too since I hadn't started any meds or seen an RE, but everyone here is at varying places in their TTC journey.  Hope your stay here is short and sweet!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • JMayJMay member

Please feel free to post here, and welcome!  Also, I think we're really all at different stages - for instance, while I've been TTC #2 for almost 2 and a half years, I've only just recently met with an RE to begin traditional intervention.  The journey is so different for each one of us.  Welcome to the board, and I hope you find success soon!

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"