Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Should I be concerned?

DS has not been sleeping well the past few days. In fact, last night he screamed himself hoarse after alternating sleeping, screaming and crying from 9-12:30 before finally falling asleep. (No I didn't leave him in there alone, I cuddled him to sleep over and over and over and over). He can barely breathe, his nose is horribly stuffed up. We had his humidifier on last night. The other thing that concerns me is that he's been coughing/gagging/throwing up small amounts for about a week. To me, it resembles his reflux symptoms and he's been med free for about three months, so to have a flare up this bad that it lasts for nearly a week is very odd.

Could this just be a bad cold? Maybe combined with teething? Should I take him to the pedi? I'm not sure if I should be concerned or just ride it out at home. He doesn't have a fever but he is so uncomfortable. He's so clingy too that it drives me up the wall. I can't do anything alone the past few days...

Re: Should I be concerned?

• Options
    Sounds like me with a bad sinus infection. :( Poor kiddo, I hope he feels better soon!
    Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I think because he is so uncomfortable I would take him to the pedi just to make sure there is nothing else going on.  Also to make sure there isn't anything else you could be doing to make him comfortable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageGenevieved:
    I think because he is so uncomfortable I would take him to the pedi just to make sure there is nothing else going on.  Also to make sure there isn't anything else you could be doing to make him comfortable.

ditto this. it can't hurt IMO. GL! Poor baby! :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageGenevieved:

Me too.  Nighttime screaming has meant an ear infection for DS.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I would probably at least call the pedi.

Poor kiddo. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"