High-Risk Pregnancy

XP: eccentric cord insertion

hi ladies...hope you don't mind me posting over here. i had my anatomy scan this am and everything looked great, measuring right on track etc., only thing was the doc said i have an eccentric cord insertion. he is a high risk doc, and is very experienced in all sorts of different issues(i'm not high risk, but this just happens to be the place that my doc refers us out to for ultrasounds) anyway, he said he wasn't concerned, and that he'd just have me come back in 8 weeks to make sure baby was growing appropriately because aparently it *might* affect the amount of nutrients being delivered to the baby. worst case scenario, he said there's a possibility they might have to deliver me at 37 weeks, if baby's growth slows down. has anyone experienced this? i'm just curious because i haven't heard of it before and was wondering if anyone else had insight. TIA, sorry if i rambled!

Re: XP: eccentric cord insertion

• I have this too. I found out from the high risk doc at 20 weeks. I go on Wed for my growth scan (24 weeks ). They said the same things to me. I'm nervous to see what they say at this appointment.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageClaudiaStar21:
    I have this too. I found out from the high risk doc at 20 weeks. I go on Wed for my growth scan (24 weeks ). They said the same things to me. I'm nervous to see what they say at this appointment.

if it's any comfort, the doc that did my scan (not my regular ob) didn't really seem very concerned, said it's somewhat common and isn't usually anything to worry about. let me know how your scan goes! i had just never even heard of the issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"