Birth Stories

Evan's Birth Story

While little man is taking a snooze, I'll tell the story of how he got here.  I loved reading these while I was pregnant so hopefully someone will enjoy his story too. Little background: I was due March 14th and that Monday came and went.  I had been 0cm dialated for weeks and weeks.  Never lost my mucus plug or anything.  I had to do a growth ultrasound and NST on Thursday the 17th because I was overdue. Baby's weight was estimated at 9lbs 4oz!  I was scheduled to be induced March 23rd.  On Saturday morning I woke up like normal around 7 and took out the dog and ate breakfast.  The whole time I felt like I was leaking but I wasn't sure if it was just discharge or what (sorry-TMI).  I kept going to the bathroom because it almost felt like I was leaking pee but I couldn't stop it with kegels.  My sister in law assured me that I would know it if my water broke.  So I'm leaking every time I take a step but I have no idea what it is or what's going on...I call the Dr and she says to come in to check it out.  My biggest thing was not going to L & D without actually being in labor.  I wasn't having any contractions at all, just leaking.  So we continued on with our day, decided to go to the hospital around 11AM.  When we parked in the garage at the hospital and walked in, it was like I wet my pants.  It just kept coming!  I was so embarassed I made my husband walk directly behind me so people wouldn't think I wet my pants!  I'm sure that looked normal...lol.  Anyway, I was admitted and started on a low dose of pitocin because I was still not having contractions.  As soon as they started the pitocin, contractions started and they were the most painful thing I've ever felt!  And they were one right after another.  I originally wanted to get to like 5-6 cm before I had the epidural, but when she checked me and said I was at 2 and still in so much pain-no WAY was I waiting!  After the epidural, I felt great!  My family came and we just hung out and talked.  Labor was progressing really fast and by around 5 pm I was at 9.5CM.  The nurse "Kelly" said that the little bit of cervix I had left was all on one side.  She had me lay on my right side to get it out of the way. After laying on my right side for 4 hours and still at 9.5CM, they had the OB come down and check me.  The OB says to Nurse Kelly "She's complete...that little bit is her catheter." !!! Excuse me??? So who knows how long I had been 10CM just hanging out.  Good thing I had that epidural!!  Then she asks Nurse Kelly "How long has she had blood in her urine?" Kelly "Uh....Uh...."  She hadn't checked my urine!  Talk about a bad nurse....I start pushing and everytime I push, the baby's heartbeat drops.  My temperature was starting to rise also.  The OB then says those fateful words "This is a big baby, his heartbeat is dropping as you push and your temp is getting high....time to talk C-Section."  I felt like I had been punched in the stomach.  There was really no choice, so immediately I was prepped for a C-Section.  I was scared to death!  Soon enough, my 7lb 12oz (yeah, growth ultrasounds are BS) baby boy was born.  He had the cord wrapped around his neck, which is why his heartbeat kept dropping.  He is absolutely perfect and I'm so happy he's finally here. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Evan's Birth Story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"