Natural Birth
Options

Recommended Reading

Hi Ladies-

I'm heading to the Library this week and wondering what natural birth books you all suggest. If you would be so kind to offer a title and author of one of your favorite birth/labor/pregnancy books, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommended Reading

• Options
    I've read and recommend Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I'm currently finishing The Birth Book by Sears (seems outdates but I found it a good read). I was really picky with what books I read for natural childbirth and found these both honest and helpful, although probably slightly biased at times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

These were my favorites:

Your Best Birth: Knowing all your options, discover the natural choices and take back the birth experience...

The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas & Labor Companions

The Doula Guide to Birth: Secrets Every Pregnant Woman Should Know

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rather than repost, here are my recommendations in What Not To Read.
  • Options
    I second Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, that is a must.  I also read (as did my DH) Bradley's Husband Coached Childbirth. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

yep, Ina May's books are great, as is Dr. Bradley's, but I really preferred Susan McCutcheon's Childbirth the Bradley Way for more practical birth info.  Oh, and I just read the pp's blog on what not to read, and it is great, and very comprehensive!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSageBeginnings:

This is a FANTASTIC list! 

• Options
    imagewolverine8:

imageSageBeginnings:

This is a FANTASTIC list! 

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! First up - Ina May :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemisssurly:

These were my favorites:

Your Best Birth: Knowing all your options, discover the natural choices and take back the birth experience...

The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas & Labor Companions

The Doula Guide to Birth: Secrets Every Pregnant Woman Should Know

I looooove The Doula Guide, it's the only book I've actually taken down notes from to talk with my doctor about. It has also given me great ideas for my Birth Plan

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"