Talk to me about PT day care or nanny shares — The Bump
D.C. Area Babies

Talk to me about PT day care or nanny shares

DH just got approved for a sabbatical for the fall so we won't need FT child care until January when LO is a year old. However, DH needs time to research and write, so having PT child care would be perfect. How can we find it? What would it cost? Help!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Talk to me about PT day care or nanny shares

• Part-time seems to be a lot harder to find than full time, but it is out there. Our DCP only had PT available, so that worked out well for us. She's $50/day. I found her on Craigs List and then check her out with the various state licensing sites (mdchildcare.org and the MSDE compliance database)
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We *love* the nanny situation for our family.  We've gone through www.whitehousenannies.com this most recent time and could not be more happy.  I believe they do try to match up families for nanny shares, too.

If not, I can recommend the nanny share board on DCUM.  There are a lot of DC shares, but there are typically some for the suburbs, too.

Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Are you on the Wheaton Moms yahoo group? I'm not on that one, but I'm on the Silver Spring Moms group and there are always a ton of posts about nanny shares (people trying to start one or people looking to bring add additional families to an existing share). I think that may be a good place to start.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards