Baby Showers

Combining Showers

Good evening ladies! So I have two friends at church who want to throw me a church shower, which is awesome. I don't know a whole lot of people at church, but I'm excited about the shower. I was not going to invite anyone else to that shower because it's at church, and I just figured it was for church people. At one point they said that if my mom wanted to join up with them and have a big shower, that would be fine to. At that point, I didn't really want my mom to have to be involved, I really just wanted her to enjoy it.

Because the church shower was for church people, or so I thought, my mom and sister wanted to throw a shower for my family and friends, and I said sure because I wasn't thinking they'd be invited to the church one. Well now the church girls have asked for a list of people I'd like to invite to their shower, and the more the merrier. Which is great.

Should I just have them combine the two showers into one and just let them collaborate together? Or should I just keep it two separate ones? If I keep it as two separate ones, should I invite some people to the church one in order to keep attendance lower at  the other? I have a lot of groups of individuals that I'd love to have come (old coworkers, new coworkers, friends, and family), and I was just going to invite all of those people to the second shower...

What would you do? Have one big shower for everybody, keep it the way it was planned with church at one and everyone else at the other, or invite some to the 1st and some to the 2nd?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Combining Showers

• I would keep it seperate unless it would be difficult for your mom and sister to  throw you a shower.   I think that sometimes when you have too many hostesses ,you can have too many cooks in the  kitchen. 
  • I would keep them separate.  Find out how many ppl your mom and sis can comfortably host and any "overage" can go on the church invitation list.

Combining them into 1 shower sounds like it would be a LOT of people and oftentimes in those cases, the mom-to-be isn't able to visit with everyone.  People come to the shower to see you and celebrate with you.  They need at least an opportunity to spend a few minutes with you.  But you don't want so many people around that you wear yourself out trying to meet and greet them all.

Have fun!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Awesome!  Thanks ladies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would keep it separate, but I would invite your mom (as a guest) to all showers if she wants to attend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"