Upstate NY Babies
Options

Braxton Hicks or Baby Moving?

How can you tell the difference between the baby moving and a braxton hicks contraction? My upper bump has been tightening a lot today, and the bottom stays squishy. TMI, I know! Big Smile 

But, because the baby still feels 'high', how can I tell if the tightening is a braxton hicks contraction or the baby turning himself around up there? Is that even possible? I've got a Dr. appt tomorrow but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts before then...tia!

Re: Braxton Hicks or Baby Moving?

• Options
    I never had BH contractions, with this pregnancy or the last one...or if I did, I did not notice them.  I hear that drinking water helps to relieve them, if that is what you are feeling.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think I'm much help but I had the same issue as you and didn't realize that they were BH-I just thought she was sticking her butt out.  I didn't feel uncomfortable but certain spots of my bump, at the top right for me, would get really hard and kind of tight (I guess that's how I would explain it).  I didn't know that it was BH until a nurse told me, which made me feel silly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, that's it! The top right usually will get really hard and really tight. I can feel his butt? shoulder? something pushing up against the skin, but it overall feels really tight too. Not painful at all, but a couple were so intensely hard/tight that it took my breath away.

I've been drinking water like a crazy woman but it doesn't seem to help much. And, they are definitely more pronounced than ever. I am going to ask about them tomorrow b/c they are so frequent. Weird, b/c up until today they were super infrequent. Maybe because I finally broke down and had a cup of coffee? Sad

Thanks Ladies!

• Options

See my dr. told me that if it was hard just in one spot, it was the baby pushing on you. If your whole uterus is hard/tight, that was a BH. I've had both, but definitely get a baby pushing on me far more than BH's.

Based on my growth u/s last week, I know how my babies are situated in there and I can really actually feel them when the push out and make one spot hard. It's so weird - I don't like it honestly! lol! 

photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is funny Kristen, because my doctor and NP told me that if you feel tightness in one area, that is a BH. If you feel tightness everywhere, that is a contraction.  The reason why this came up is because I thought I was having BH, and it turned out I was actually having contractions.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Oh that is weird! I don't know then?!

Well either way I told my Dr - I HAVE felt both (not very often - maybe once or twice a day? And it's almost always hard in just one spot) but he said that's to be expected because my uterus is measuring 6 weeks ahead (twins). Plus I get bi weekly cervix checks and my cervix is staying long and closed, so I guess if it was bad we'd know about it!

photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"