Alabama Babies
Options

Inducing

B has an eviction notice! If he's not here by Friday April 8th, my doctor will induce that day! I am at 1cm and have been since 36 weeks. So tell me how were you induced? How did things go? I'm so excited but I am so nervous!!
Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers

Re: Inducing

• Options

Well here's hoping you won't need to be, as there's definitely still time :). I had no signs besides being 1 cm before my contractions began. 

I wasn't induced , but I will say I had a very positive experience with Pitocin. I arrived at the hospital 4 cm dilated, but Owen was not in a good position (he had gotten transverse) and my labor never progressed after 9 hours of going med free. I was only  5.5- 6 cm after all that time.  I asked for the epidural before they gave me Pitocin around 8:30 AM, and I was complete and ready to push in about 3 hours. DS was born at 12:19 PM.  The Pitocin finally got labor going very quickly for me, and the epidural allowed my body to relax and rest enough to get it done. So while I had hoped to do it all 'on my own', my augmented labor went very smoothly.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is a really good day for a birthday though....or at least I am partial.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had to be induced because DD was left with very little fluid. (My doc and I both think she was late, but I never really knew when I got ku.) I went in after my appointment and they started me on a liquid oral med (don't remember the name) to help get things started. They gave me Ambien to help me sleep since I was getting that med every hour all night long. At 6 am when they realized I had only dialate 1 cm, they started me on pitocin. By 9:00 am, I was 3 cm, but my doc had to break my water. I had a uniquely difficult experience with this because my cervix had shifted way behind her head, so she had to find it, pull it back to when it was supposed to be, then break my water. Then they gave me nubain, and the anesthesiologist came in about 10:30 for the epidural. From there, things moved quickly and by 2:15 pm, they were calling the doc over. After 4 contractions and 3 pushes, because I had to hold one to wait for the doc, M was born at 2:35pm.

Not all inductions end in c-section! :)

• Options

I have no input other than to say good luck! I'm sure you're thrilled to have a date to get your little man out :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I didn't want to induce at first but I am trying to work up until the very end. Its getting more and more difficult. lol
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"