Secondary IF

Spotting AGAIN

Somebody shoot me.  I cannot deal with this anymore.  I spot every.single.cycle.  No matter what.  I am on PIO injections and my p4 came back at 18 this morning.  My u/s this morning showed my lining at an 11 and my follies were all now corpus luteum cysts.  Looks great, right? Well than why am I spotting again?  I caled the nurse AGAIN and she said that this is normal, blah blah, blah.

I am not good with the unknown...can you tell?  I know this may not be a bad thing, but when every month for the past 24 cycles you spot and have a bad outcome, its impossible to not flip out at the sight of blood.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: Spotting AGAIN

• im sorry!! try to take comfort in what your nurse told you, that it is "normal" ...that's great everything else looks great!!!!  hang in there...

positve thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaime... Mommy to Alexa Shaye and Sofia Gabrielle imageMy Bio CafeMom Tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As impossible as it is, I think you do have to listen to your nurse. Positive thoughts only! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Did you spot the cycle with your DD?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • JMayJMay member
    Do you remember FirstToGo?  I think she was the one - she had a similar situation and I think she said she had a very "bleedy" pregnancy, but low and behold, 3 children.  I'd never heard of it before, but I guess many women bleed off and on throughout and still have healthy babies.  I don't know if that helps at all.  I agree though, the sight of blood at any time is freaky.  But a P4 of 18 is great, right?  And your lining is good.  Sending prayers your way that the bleeding stops so you can have some well-deserved peace of mind!
    Doriimage

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • I had full out AF type bleeding for four days prior to my beta with IVF #1.  I definitely thought I didn't have a chance, but it all turned out ok.  My RE said about 50-60% of her IVF patients have bleeding prior to a positive beta.  And I have always been a spotter like you, so I know how the sight of blood makes you feel.  I won't even tell you how much I cried in those days before my beta. 

Sending a big hug your way. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • I swear I need to be in a medically induced coma until Monday, so i don't have to think about this and analyze every body function or lack there of.  I don't even remember what happened when I was pregnant with DD b/c we conceived her within the first few months off the pill without really trying Indifferent Shocking, I know. 

I just can't stop feeling like this is every other BFN cycle.  These McNuggets need to stick. 
    Doriimage
  • Thinking of you Amanda and keeping you in my prayers. 

I have a friend that bled through her whole entire pregnancy, very stressful yes, but it resulted in a healthy beautiful baby boy.  I would try to keep the nurses words in a repeat in my brain, if she's not worried then that is good news.

• Speaking of what kelly said, with DS I seriously cramped the whole 1st and 2nd tri, so I had to keep in a repeat loop, cramping without bleeding, bleeding without cramping, you are fine!

Hang in there. I really like the idea of the medically induced coma. I could have used one last week. 

• imageStacy092306:

I had full out AF type bleeding for four days prior to my beta with IVF #1.  I definitely thought I didn't have a chance, but it all turned out ok.  My RE said about 50-60% of her IVF patients have bleeding prior to a positive beta.  And I have always been a spotter like you, so I know how the sight of blood makes you feel.  I won't even tell you how much I cried in those days before my beta. 

Sending a big hug your way. 

Thank you so much for posting Stacy!  I feel better.  I hate analyzing everything that happens, but I can't help it.  I hope I have a success story to share soon!

Doriimage
  • imageAmandaMacD:
    I swear I need to be in a medically induced coma until Monday, so i don't have to think about this and analyze every body function or lack there of.  I don't even remember what happened when I was pregnant with DD b/c we conceived her within the first few months off the pill without really trying Indifferent Shocking, I know. 

I just can't stop feeling like this is every other BFN cycle.  These McNuggets need to stick. 

This made me laugh Stick out tongue....I'm sure the 2WW is stressful enough without the spotting so I don't think you can blame yourself for feeling neurotic.

:::deep breaths, deep breaths:::

We're all here waiting with you if it makes you feel any better :) I think your nurse is right and spotting can be normal, especially during an IVF cycle. I have seen many women on these boards go through IVF who have had spotting and got a BFP. I hope yours is just around the corner!

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Ugh!  That is definitely no fun.  Hope the spotting stops soon.
    TTC #1 May 2007
    M/C January 2008
    DS February 16th, 2009

TTC #2 July 2010
    Diagnosed MFI
    IUI#1 w/ bravelle 5/12/11 -- 0% morph on day of IUI, but somehow BFP:
    Beta #1 38 at 12dpiui, Beta #2 85 at 14dpiui Beta #3 1100 at 19dpiui
    DD born December 28, 2011 at 34w6d

Baby #3 due June 14, 2015

• Lots of positive thoughts and deep breaths!
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Hang in there!  Hopefully everything will be fine!
  • imagejen-dale:
    Lots of positive thoughts and deep breaths!

X2!  I am thinking about you!

DD: Grace (8/19/2007)
    DD: Harper (11/27/2011) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAmandaMacD:
    I swear I need to be in a medically induced coma until Monday, so i don't have to think about this and analyze every body function or lack there of.

This is the worst. I'm so sorry but seriously, just try to listen to the nurse and don't freak :) 

• Well, I am glad to hear that your tests are all coming back good!  I hope that matters more than the spotting!  Don't worry, we all go through the 2WW and I am sure that spotting makes it that much more unbearable.  I hope it turns out to be your BFP!!!!
  • Stay positive and everything will be OK.  I'm praying for you everyday that a BFP is coming your way.  Big hugs!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"