Pregnant after 35
Options

Heart palpations? breathlessness?

Has anyone suffered from heart palpations and breathlessness in 2nd trimester?  Sometimes I can "feel" my (heartbeat) in my ears and finger tips?  Going to Cardiologist tomorrow.  Im 16 wks.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Heart palpations? breathlessness?

• Options
    I wanted say I the appointment rules out anything serious. hoping they just say it might be just the extra blood volume you now have or LO is now growing up into your diaphragm more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can "see" my pulse on my stomach and sometimes "feel" it if I'm paying attention - maybe not quite the extreme you're talking about?  I do get out of breath easy - and have for several weeks - but baby is definately moving in the area formerly dedicated to lung space...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Great that you have an appointment to get a definitive diagnosis.  It sounds a lot like the symptoms I had for severe anemia.  Hopefully, its nothing serious and if anemia treatable by supplements and nothing more critical.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad you're getting checked out by a cardiologist.  I've heard it can be perfectly normal to experience palpitations as a result of the extra blood volume, as pp's have said.  But best to get it looked at... good luck!

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    For a few weeks before my last appointment I was always out of breath, even when talking. At my appt this week my blood pressure was high and they put me on meds. It's much better now. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Thks!  Im hoping it just having more blood volume.
  • Options

I've been out of breath since about 7 weeks.  I have asthma and they upped my meds and I'm much better.  I think the breathlessness is not too unusual.

I also have times when I can hear my heart beating in my ears or even see it on my stomach (near bottom of rib cage/diaphragm area).

I hope everything is fine!

• Options
    Keep us updated on whats going on. I can see my pulse in my fingers! Good luck!
  • Options
    Thks!  I will let you know what they say 
  • Options

The palpations are few & far in between, but the breathlessness is driving me crazy!  I could be sitting & calmly talking & can't catch my breath .. very frustrating.

My OB chalked it up to blood volume & baby getting bigger.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    EKG normal.  Exam normal.  Believes prob xtra blood volume.  Just to be on the safe side... will do Echo and Holter monitor.
  • Options

imagelmp76:
    EKG normal.  Exam normal.  Believes prob xtra blood volume.  Just to be on the safe side... will do Echo and Holter monitor.

Yay for normal!  I'm glad they're doing the echo and Holter too, though, to make sure everything's functioning properly.  Thanks for updating us!  

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"