North Carolina Babies
Options

It's official!

I am now officially the most pregnant I've ever been!  Woohoo!!!!  This is a huge milestone for us.  DH and I just talked through the 1:33pm mark on the phone (when DS1 was born) and we're so excited to have made it past that point.  DH instructed me to park it in the recliner to keep DS2 cooking. :)  

See--told you I'd be posting annoying updates.  ;)  Thanks for celebrating with us!

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: It's official!

• Options

Hehe... Congrats! Party!!!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    yeah! congratulations. now keep baking that baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations! I hope DS2 continues baking for as long as possible!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yay!  Now sit back, relax, and enjoy! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Party!!!

That is definitely something worth celebrating! 

So remind me, are you getting the shots or doing anything precautious of preterm labor again?  Extra monitoring, NSTs? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemrsmikey:

So remind me, are you getting the shots or doing anything precautious of preterm labor again?  Extra monitoring, NSTs? 

Yes, I'm doing the p17 shots--weekly from 16 weeks through 36 weeks.  We did the 1st tri screening and level II ultrasound in the 2nd tri but we would have done those regardless.  My brother has genetic issues that put us at higher risk for genetic issues with the baby.

Since week 16 (when I started the shots) I have been seen every other week and getting cervical checks at those appts.  I've had a few extra ultrasounds in addition to the 1st tri and level II ultrasounds.  They did one a few weeks before I left NC (around 24 weeks) just to make sure things were looking OK.  I had a growth ultrasound at 28 weeks which I guess is fairly standard in a high risk pregnancy.  And they did one at 32 weeks too since that was around when I had DS1.  At every ultrasound they took a cervix measurement with and without pressure in addition to measuring the baby, fluid, etc.

So far so good.  Cervix has been long and closed.  I'm not sure how much longer they'll check the cervix since it will soon supposed to be shortening and thinning. Maybe up until 34 weeks?  And I've been told to be vigilant about the shots--do them on time and don't miss one.

GL to you with your pregnancy--hope this one stays put for you!!

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yay!! so excited for u guys!! hope ds#2 bakes for awhile longer!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yay!
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's definitely worth celebrating!  Congratulations!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageflamencogal:
    imagemrsmikey:

Yes, I'm doing the p17 shots--weekly from 16 weeks through 36 weeks.  We did the 1st tri screening and level II ultrasound in the 2nd tri but we would have done those regardless.  My brother has genetic issues that put us at higher risk for genetic issues with the baby.

Since week 16 (when I started the shots) I have been seen every other week and getting cervical checks at those appts.  I've had a few extra ultrasounds in addition to the 1st tri and level II ultrasounds.  They did one a few weeks before I left NC (around 24 weeks) just to make sure things were looking OK.  I had a growth ultrasound at 28 weeks which I guess is fairly standard in a high risk pregnancy.  And they did one at 32 weeks too since that was around when I had DS1.  At every ultrasound they took a cervix measurement with and without pressure in addition to measuring the baby, fluid, etc.

So far so good.  Cervix has been long and closed.  I'm not sure how much longer they'll check the cervix since it will soon supposed to be shortening and thinning. Maybe up until 34 weeks?  And I've been told to be vigilant about the shots--do them on time and don't miss one.

GL to you with your pregnancy--hope this one stays put for you!!

Awesome!  I start my shots at my 18 week appt, but I'm not exactly sure where we go from there with the extra monitoring and cervical checks.  I'm sure there will be extra though :)  I know they will check my cervix and u/s at the 18 week appt, and I already have another u/s scheduled for 22 weeks.  We didn't do the NT scan, my OB doesn't offer them, just the quad screen.  So I haven't had an u/s since 7 weeks.  But I guess it's not necessary since I haven't had a late term m/c or anything like that.  I have to go in to the office to get my shots so no worries there :)

Glad everything is going so well for you this time!!!!

• Options
    Yay, hope he cooks for several more weeks and I hope that we will be celebrating the same milestone with mikey! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Options

That's awesome -- I'm so thrilled for you!  And ditto -- here's to the same for mrsmikey before long at all!!!

:D

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options
    YAY!! Congratulations.  A fabulous milestone to celebrate. 
  • Options
    Yay! Congratulations!
    Catching up on sports news...
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"