Pregnant after 35
Options

Didn't know I was PG

I hadn't been feeling so hot for the past week or two so last night I took a test and my tiredness, endless hunger and boob pain was not PMS as I thought.   I am preggo!  I'm 35 (36 in June) and hubby is 38.  so my huge concern is that I sort of over indulged in the wine a few times this past month!  I am very worried about the damage that could have been done.  Anyone else not know?

t

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Didn't know I was PG

• Options
    The first time I got pregnant, initially, I had no idea...only because we were not trying at that point.  It didn't take long to figure it out.  This time, I knew pretty quickly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    my concern is more with the drinking I did when I didn't know.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is my 4th child and with my 2nd, I didn't know and indulged in wine and he turned out to be just fine 18 years later.

• Options
    With my DD, we weren't really trying so I wasn't thinking about getting pg. The week before my BFP, I was with my friends in Martha's Vineyard drinking wine pretty much everyday. DD is fine.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options

Don't worry about it. Every Dr. will tell you that. Besides nothing you can do about it now, right?! Isn't that how most of us got this way?Party!!!

• Options

I didn't know I was pregnant until 7.5 weeks in. We weren't trying at all, the situation is similar to what you're describing. I was sick, nobody could figure out why. Even my doctor never thought to run a pregnancy test. I had been told since I was in my 20's that I had fertility problems, never really investigated it. We use non hormonal birth control, which obviously failed Smile, but still, pregnancy was the last thing I thought could be wrong. LOL

During that entire time I was on several medications that you don't want to be taking while pregnant because they're either completely untested or tested not so great, I stopped taking them when we realized I was pregnant. 

Long story short... our daughter is fine. Don't sweat a few drinks Smile

Just don't make a habit of continuing the trend!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I had wine and a few mimosas over valentines weekend/day and I was really upset and worried too. I was prob like 4/5 weeks pregnant. The OB just said you shouldn't worry you did not know any many many women have consumed alcohol or worse early inpregnancy and no problems resulted from it. Also there is also some research out there that when the embryo is not yet fully implanted and still using all the basic nutrients from the sac&yolk it might not be as harmful as a few weeks when it is older. As some one else pointed out you can't undrink it and it wasn't on purpose.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thank You ladies!  You all made me feel much better.  I had my first Dr's appt yesterday she said the same thing as many of you!  She also told me in France is is a human right to drink and many women do during their pregnacy (not going to risk that though!).

Thanks again!

T

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"