Indiana Babies
Options

WWYD with unneeded gifts?

Hope this isn't too flameworthy, but here goes - we have received mostly clothes as gifts for Connor. Man do people love to buy baby clothes. We are VERY grateful that so many people care enough about us to give us a gift. However, we are totally flooded. Most of Jocelyn's newborn - 6 month clothes were already gender-neutral because we were Team Green with her and because we tended to prefer non-girly clothes, so we really didn't need any new clothes for Connor. Anyway, now we have way more outfits than we need, and he will never be able to wear them all especially because he is outgrowing them so quickly and also because some our not our "style". Unfortunately, almost none of the gifts came with receipts. I was able to return a few to BRU that had BRU tags by setting up a registry and adding those items, but they basically called me on it when I did that (oops). Most of the outfits we don't need either don't have store-specific tags (like just a brand name tag but no indication of where it was purchased), or no tags at all. So, what would you do with these? Of course I'd love to get store credit for them somewhere but I don't see how. Other options are regifting (even the, ahem, "less attractive" ones?), donating, reselling some other way? WWYD?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD with unneeded gifts?

• Options
    I think that if you have some that are Carters, even if you don't know where they were purchased (just have the Carters tag on them) then you can return them for store credit to the Carters store.  Otherwise, I'm not sure what to do with them!
    image Laura & Jason Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You could try selling them on craigslist.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought a whole bunch of clothes at the Edinburgh outlet mall for my niece...who came out a nephew. Of course they were all very pink and girly, and past the date to return. I gave some to my sister's friend who became unexpectedly expecting and gave the rest to Goodwill. If you know someone who will be having a boy I'm sure they would be appreciative. If not, I'm sure there are a lot of women out there that are in need. You could try a place like Once Upon a Child to receive some money for them, or there are also many places that would appreciate the donation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me with my shower on DH's side, man did his aunts like to buy clothes! I found out that Kohl's lets you return anything without a receipt and since his aunts are obsessed with Kohl's, I figured that's where they came from. So I just went into Kohl's and sure enough, most of the outfits were sold there so I was able to take them back. Also, I got some things like baby shampoo, diaper creams, etc. that we would never use and I took that back to Walmart (they have the same policy, you can return anything without a receipt that is sold there). 
  • Options
    when DD was born i also had lots of extra gifts i felt like we didn't need, or just weren't my style.  i tried going with the brand name of the clothes and returning them at a store that sold that brand.  hope that makes sense!  like pp i would try to take some of the carters stuff back to a carters outlet.  if my memory is correct they were pretty good about an in-store credit.  or you could always try kohls.  i would try the stores with good return policies first.  good luck!
  • Options
    Kohl's will take them if they have ever carried them--you'll get the lowest price in the last 90 days or something like that without a receipt. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSusieDMB:
    Kohl's will take them if they have ever carried them--you'll get the lowest price in the last 90 days or something like that without a receipt. 

ditto. I would try Kohls and then craigslist the rest as a NWT lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"