Snarky and T-TTC

I'm going to XP - ? for IVFers

what were your clinic's rules on sex between ER and ET.  I can't find anything on my paperwork...  I know if we have an ET, the answer is no until beta or heartbeat - just not sure about up until ET.

Other cycles I wasn't interested at all, but DH was out of town for so long (and things were pretty slow for awhile before that), I wouldn't mind a little action while I'm in a mental place to be interested.  If we have another cancelled ET, I think it will take some time for me to rebound from that again.

ETA: I'm totally asking here because I didn't like the other answers I got and the last response to my other post was kind of judgy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm going to XP - ? for IVFers

• My RE says no sex from ER until second u/s (around 8 weeks) if KU. 

When do you hear how your embies are doing?  I am sending lots of good luck your way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • gidgegidge member

If they're not looking good, I'll hear sometime late this afternoon.  Otherwise, I'll here when I go in for transfer on Wed.

We had 3 out of the 4 or 5 mature that fertilized so that is a little better than the 6/12 and 4/8 we had prev cycles. 

When the RE called with the fert report he said we'd transfer 2 or "maybe all 3" and he seems to think some will/could make it.  I just keep trying to remind myself that the change we made this cycle basically erases our history. It's just hard to imagine that so few embryos could actually work for US and not just other people.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hope they keep growing and looking good.  Sounds like it is going well so far!  Good luck!   

TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • My RE said sex was fine starting the day after ER up until ET.  After that, nothing until we saw a HB.  That is great news about your embies Gidge!!  I'm keeping everything crossed that they continue to thrive!!!  Keep us posted.
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • No sex during that time for us, either.  And things sound pretty good so far - fingers are crossed like mad for you guys!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I lurked here and wanted to say "good luck!"
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Fingers crossed for you!!!

We were told no sex from ER to beta... and then after that we got the go ahead but we weren't really comfortable until we had confirmation of a hb. I will say, good for you if you feel like doing it after an ER, I certainly did not feel like I wanted any thing else up there Stick out tongue

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagestaycee:
    I lurked here and wanted to say "good luck!"

ditto!

I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • imageJenniferL923:

imagestaycee:

ditto!

• imageJenniferL923:

imagestaycee:

ditto!

• imageJenniferL923:

imagestaycee:

ditto!

tritto

• also lurking to say I'm thinking of you Gidge- Good Luck!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepmarie33:
    imageJenniferL923:

imagestaycee:

ditto!

tritto

Quaditto!

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Lurking & lucking!!
  • imageGnomeLuv:
    Lurking & lucking!!

My tired brain read this as lurking and licking. LOL

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good luck!! My RE said nothing about it and I was too chicken to ask LOL but I do know there would be no sex after transfer until bfn or 2nd tri :/
  • imagestaycee:

Same here! Good luck! Keep on growing embies!

imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't remember the "rules", but I had the day before our ER. Good sex, too. I totally think it helped.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"