Georgia Babies

SAHM's- what do you do on rainy days?

I need some ideas... TIA

Re: SAHM's- what do you do on rainy days?

• jumpy place!  You can check out Champion Kids in Marietta, you're pretty close to that.  Not sure what else is near Acworth.  Unless you wanted to drive down 92 and hit up Play in Roswell.   Play is a madhouse on rainy days. 

Evie also loves Barnes and Noble on rainy days.

And for NOT leaving the house, we do lots of arts and crafts.  Today we are not leaving the house until 12:30 so I can go to a doctors appointment so we've done lots of coloring and Evie is obsessed with playing cars.    She's been doing a lot more imagination play so she's also playing with her baby doll, feeding her, putting her to bed, taking her for walks.   

Its going to be crummy all week and I have a stash of games I bought last week for rainy days.  I'll probably bust them out tomorrow.  

• We go to indoor play places like Monkey Joes, ride the horses(merry go round) at the mall, go to the gym, library, CFA to have lunch or ice cream and play in the play area. Play in the mall play area. That's all I have for indoor play. I should take my own advice today. We are currently watching too much tv. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We pull out some board games (Hungry Hippo, matching games, BusyTown, CandyLand), do big puzzles, build a fort and watch a movie in it, or some arts and crafts like coloring, play-doh, or Busy Beads (I don't do any projects or anything creative like that, just let them do what they want).  Sometimes we'll make cookies.  Build a new train track, or play basketball in the garage. 

I really hate to go to the jumpy places on majorly dreary days since they are so much more crowded, but the boys are begging to go somewhere tomorrow so we'll either be going to Catch Air or Imaginations at Play and then CFA for lunch. 

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • we go to either the bouncy house, fernbank, imagine It, and when we had the aquarium pass we'd go there.  we also try to set up playdates with friends, and for the last month or two of my pregnancy when I was miserable fat and tired, we'd have a movie day.  and crafts, painting mostly, and lunch out.
  • I'm a boring Mommy, not at all creative/crafty. We don't really leave the house because I figure everything will be crowded and I don't do crowds. We usually have a movie day, or do whatever it is Abigail wants to do. Lately its been coloring or play with her puzzles. Today, after school and nap, she watched her movie, then we played with her puzzles and memory game for over an hour inside her tent while listening to music. When she's a little older, we'll probably invest in some board games, but I don't think she's quite old enough for those right now. But, yeah, usually I let her decide what we do, and we just have a chill day together.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"