Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Is your nursery done yet???

I am freaking out about not having started anything with our nursery.  I think I know what I want to do with it, but then I see other ideas and want to change my mind.  I'm 26 weeks...anyone not done yet?  If not, how did you start and stick with an idea?

Re: Is your nursery done yet???

• JCMJCM member
    You may want to post this on the Nurseries & Baby Gear board.  We started DD's pretty early.  I think we started after my 20 ultrasound & we knew everything was good.  I'm so glad we started when we did because at 24 weeks I was put on strict bedrest for the rest of my pregnancy.  The way we picked the theme was I just looked on the internet for baby stuff & found one I really thought was cute & so did DH.  We had to find something gender neutral because we didn't want to find out if we were having a girl or boy.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm an early planner so I had looked at bedding the minute we found out ours was a boy (first time) and girl (second time). However, your baby probably won't even be in the room until a few months after birth. Our first went in his room three months later. We kept him in our room in the pack and play. Just keep in mind that if you are ordering furniture, it sometimes takes 6-10 weeks to get it. Oh and my bedding with my son kept being on backorder so it took forever to get that as well. I say, once you have your heart set on an idea, just stop looking :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 27 weeks and not done.  I have bought the bedding and ordered furniture, but we still have to clear out the room and touch up paint before having it delivered.   Don't worry!   You have plenty of time, the baby won't know its not ready and like others said, they may not sleep in there for a while.  
  • I am 35 weeks and NOPE!  I have the bedding... I have the furniture but we are still painting it.  Indifferentyep...  I am still painting it.  ugh! 

you aren't alone.  :)

• _JRG__JRG_ member
    My baby is 6 months old and I'm almost done!  ha ha! 
  • how exciting! what are you having?

I couldn't ever find anything that i was super excited about so I ended up buying sheets and making my crib skirt and comforter. I wanted a tree painted on the wall and a starry ceiling so I went with an owl theme and everything else fell into place.

I hope this helps! let us know what you decide.

https://hipnewmom.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"