Pre-School and Daycare
Options

*Cute lunch check-in*

Slim pickings this week, and these photos are unedited as I still wait on a replacement computer -  sorry, they're a little dark. I didn't make many cute lunches this week - the first trimester is kicking my butt. However, I did order a bunch of fun supplies from allthingsforsale.com and am in heaven! I opened them in the car at the Post Office - couldn't even wait to get them home! So look for some fun picks and other accessories appearing in lunches soon!

Dinosaur biscuit sandwich decorated with sprinkles, picks of edamame and olives, and strawberries/mangoes in a mango bowl. Mango bowls are a favorite around here, but usually for breakfast with yogurt in the bowl and the cubed mangoes served on the side.

Leftovers are not cute, but I thought I'd show the lidded container purchased for about $3 at our grocery store. DD *loves* it, it makes any meal instantly fancier as far as she's concerned. (Inside was Parmesan cheese for the spaghetti.) So even when you throw together a very speedy, no-effort lunch, little touches like that make all the difference to a 3 year old. For this lunch and anything else served in plastic (this was a Hello Kitty bowl), I always heat everything up in a ceramic ramekin and then transfer them to the plastic. While that was heating up, I washed the strawberries and put the Parmesan in its container. This entire lunch took probably less than 2 minutes. :)

Have a great week! 

A few of our new supplies are in this boy/girl lunch. I used a circle cutter to punch out for circles from the same slice of bread (with practically zero waste - hooray!) to make two mini sandwiches. The boy's hat and girl's bow are both picks, with sprinkles for the eyes/mouth and cheese cut with the same round cutter for the hair. A bunch of grapes fill out the bottom, tomato slices on the side and inside the new chicken container is a teensy cookie. DD ate all of this plus a few more things - guess she was hungry!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Cute lunch check-in*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"