Secondary IF
Options

the 'Secret' Challenge, Who Wants to Join Me?

Ok, now that I've had my meltdown (see prior post), I'm hoping to move on to the next thing.

After 4 yrs of TTC w/everything from herbs & acupuncture to laproscopic & variocle surgeries to IUIs & IVF I have thought about throwing in the towel more times than I care to admit but I want to try just one more thing. 

At times I think about what is it that my fertile friends/family know that I don't.  I think about this one particular friend that has 3 kids conceived the first try.  I remember when I was knee-deep in IVF she gave me the heads up that she would be trying for her 3rd and she didn't want me shocked or hurt when it happened.  There was no "say a prayer? or ?wish me luck",  just pure confidence that she knew it would happen for her and did.

I try to be positive in my life but after going through all this on top of some other issues that piled on while were TTC these years (my mom died of cancer and just after she passed my dad was diagnosed with heart disease just to name two off the top of my head) it's been taxing to say the least.

On top of all the physical & financial efforts, I think about the mental power I've put into all of this.  Just how big a factor is stress and positive attitude in all of this? 

There is a saying, those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right" Maybe there really is something to that.  After all on paper everything looks good and not one doctor has ever been able to explain my 'unexplained' infertility.

I heard about book, "The Secret" years ago but never gave it shot.  But now I'm considering it. After shelling out thousands of dollars in treatments, what is $20 more?

Regardless if you?re religious, spiritual, agnostic or atheist the thought process is all the same here. From what I read online "The Secret is that like attracts like. If you embrace a positive mental attitude, a good life will follow.  The law of attraction is a law of nature. It is impersonal and it does not see good things or bad things. It is receiving your thoughts and reflecting back to you those thoughts as your life experience. The law of attraction simply gives you whatever it is you are thinking about."

Can I really clear my mind of all negativity and thoughts of failure to achieve this ultimate goal of adding to my family?  Could we all do this if we concentrated on it?

I saw on the Today show a few weeks back that women who belong to support groups have a higher chance of increasing their odds with fertility.  There are no supports groups in my area unfortunately but I have found some much needed support right here in this forum and for that I am grateful.

But a little more support & positivity is even better...and not just for me but for all of us here going through this ordeal.

Would anyone like to join me in this trying this out?

Re: the 'Secret' Challenge, Who Wants to Join Me?

• Options

and in case anyone is wondering I don't have any association with the book, I don't work for Barnes & Noble or have stock in it, lol. 

just thought it would be nice to try a different, more calming aproach in addition to all the stuff we've all tried here...and I hope that maybe someone will give it a shot with me and good things will follow for us.

Worth a try.

• Options
    JMayJMay member
    I have my good days and my bad, but I honestly find being a part of this online group a tremendous positive in my life.  These women routinely bring me up when I am down.  And, like you, I feel that I have tried many things in the past 2 years only to be let down.  As I have mentioned in previous posts, this cycle, I am going to be positive, no matter what.  And, if I am let down, I will deal with those feelings when they come.  But for now, I figure being positive can't hurt any more than being negative.  So, without buying the book, I'm with you in theory!
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

hey it's a start!

I know it's been said before but I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.  I'm really going to try to be positive in every way possible.

At the very least if it doesn't work in this area it may rub off in other areas and in time maybe it will all fall into place for me, you and everyone else here.

I'm still going to give the book a try and hope someone else will read it in tandem...will see...

• Options
    I read the book this fall.  I was skeptical, but it was recommended to me by my supervisor (who knows of our IF struggles), so I thought I would give it a try.  At first I was a little annoyed at the book, it even mentions if you want to pregnant you should visualize yourself pregnant or with a child, and I was thinking "Yea right, spoken like a true fertile person, if only it were that easy."  I won't say it was life changing for me or anything, but it definately made me think about the energy that I have in my life and what kind of attitude I would have towards things.  I have always been the kind of person that was afraid to visualize things that I wanted in my life or be "too happy" for fear of jinxing myself.  I have been working on this, and I have to admit I just feel better. I feel much more positive about life in general.
    DD: Grace (8/19/2007)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD: Harper (11/27/2011) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JMayJMay member

I've often heard that you have to "open your energetic channels" - negative thoughts block channels and can prevent things from occuring.  Fake it 'til you make it, right?!

Doriimage

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    I'm game.  I bought that book in August 09 and never read a page.  Funny that I started TTC#2 in July 09.  I will do it. I'm up for almost anything!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
  • Options

thanks to all of you who wrote for the support and feedback.

and Amanda thanks for joining me, I hope the books brings you good luck and good vibes in general as well...is there a way we could email or instant message on this site to check in with each other and see how the other is doing with the book?

best,

Maria

• Options

imageJMay:
    I have my good days and my bad, but I honestly find being a part of this online group a tremendous positive in my life.  These women routinely bring me up when I am down.  And, like you, I feel that I have tried many things in the past 2 years only to be let down.  As I have mentioned in previous posts, this cycle, I am going to be positive, no matter what.  And, if I am let down, I will deal with those feelings when they come.  But for now, I figure being positive can't hurt any more than being negative.  So, without buying the book, I'm with you in theory!

I'm with Jenna! 

If this cycle didn't work and my next one starts in the next day or two, that cycle, if successful would be result in a Dec30/31/Jan1 due date.  So DH, this morning, before I got the faint line on the internet cheapie test, said, "On to the New Years Baby!" I think I need that, his energy, on this. I don't think he was fully on board with this one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemariat:

thanks to all of you who wrote for the support and feedback.

and Amanda thanks for joining me, I hope the books brings you good luck and good vibes in general as well...is there a way we could email or instant message on this site to check in with each other and see how the other is doing with the book?

best,

Maria

Definitely.  I don't IM, but my email is amandaj519@yahoo.com
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
  • Options

I sent you an email....looking forward to chatting with you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"