Health & Exercise
Options

Master Clense?

Has anyone ever done the Master Clense (lemon juice/maple syrup)? I am 6 months PP and need something drastic to get this weight off and re-balance.

Re: Master Clense?

• Options
    I've done it three times, 10 days, 11 days and 12 days. I felt great while on it and every time I promised myself I wouldn't gain the weight back. But I always did, and usually a couple pounds more. There is no way to lose the weight other than just plain ol' eating better and exercising more. Doing a cleanse is incredibly difficult and it doesn't set you up for long term success since it doesn't teach you anything new.

• Options

I saw this post on the H&F board also - I don't think that the Master Cleanse is going to do you any good, with or without a thyroid problem.

Being healthy and losing weight can't be done with one magic cleanse.  To achiee and maintain results, you hae to make it a lifestyle.  The Master Cleanse isn't a lifestyle change, it is a quick fix and I use the term "fix" loosely because it really won't "fix" your problem.

Also, many of the ladies on the H&F board pointed out that you should be seeing a doctor for your thyroid.  I agree with that 100%.  If the issue is not being currently managed by a physician, consider discussing your concerns with them and start receiving the proper treatment before even considering something drastic like a cleanse.

Good luck!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetomkat35728:

I saw this post on the H&F board also - I don't think that the Master Cleanse is going to do you any good, with or without a thyroid problem.

Being healthy and losing weight can't be done with one magic cleanse.  To achiee and maintain results, you hae to make it a lifestyle.  The Master Cleanse isn't a lifestyle change, it is a quick fix and I use the term "fix" loosely because it really won't "fix" your problem.

Also, many of the ladies on the H&F board pointed out that you should be seeing a doctor for your thyroid.  I agree with that 100%.  If the issue is not being currently managed by a physician, consider discussing your concerns with them and start receiving the proper treatment before even considering something drastic like a cleanse.

Good luck!

Agreed.

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Starve yourself- starve your baby. Does that sound like a good weight loss plan to you?

Learn how to eat a balanced diet and your body will adjust. No one expects you to be thin while your are pregnant. Learn to accept your body the way it is- you are holding and creating a human being inside of you! Have some gratitude instead of focusing on any extra weight.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"