Pregnant after IF
Options

Sex after IVF

Did anyone conceive using IVF?  If so, did your RE tell you to wait to have sex until your 6 week u/s?
Married 5/2002 TTC #1 since 3/2010 Male Factor Infertility (low motility) 1/31/11 - starting first IVF cycle w/ ICSI 2/18/11 - started follistim and menopur 3/2/11 - ER (31 eggs, 23 fertilized, 4 frozen, 1 ET) 3/7/11 - Transfered 1 embie....fingers crossed. 3/16/11 - BETA #1 - 102!!! BFP, 3/18/11 - BETA #2 - 235!! 10/26/2011 - Our little girl arrived Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sex after IVF

• Options
    JenCWJenCW member
    We did IVF and were on pelvic rest until we saw the heartbeat at seven weeks.  We were extra nervous and voluntarily waited until 10 weeks (after second u/s).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep, I'm almost 11 weeks and still on pelvic rest. Hoping to be cleared at my u/s on Tuesday!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Same here.  We were on pelvic rest until heartbeat.  Even though we saw that, I still denied poor DH last night because I'm a nervous nelly and want to wait until after I'm released to my OB and out of the first tri!

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We did IVF and I was told to be on pelvic rest (no sex, no orgasms) until after our viability ultrasound which was done in my 7th week. They say it disrupts the stability of your uterus.

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• Options
    I was told by RE "no sex" until 1st u/s.  I was nervous after that and still wanted to wait...then I had my SCH bleed.  I was then told "no sex" until 12 weeks.
  • Options
    We were told no sex until HB.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    Same here, no sex until after the first ultrasound. Then I had SCH and that put us out of commission until week 12.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

I keep forgetting to ask.  But I just got my second beta back (yay!) and I am way too nervous to have sex.  The thought of it disturbing my uterus definitely does not put me in the mood. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"