Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Car Seat for a Pontiac Vibe

Just wondering if anyone had a car seat sugestion for a 4 door pontiac vibe (2010)- I was just looking round today and noticed that some seem very large. If you have a sugestion what spot in the back seat did you put the car seat?

Re: Car Seat for a Pontiac Vibe

• Options
    lautilauti member

All infant seats are going to take up a lot of space because of how reclined they are. 

The Graco Snugride or the Chicco Keyfit would likely fit. 

Safest position depends on your specific vehicle, but a lot people put theirs in the middle.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelauti:

All infant seats are going to take up a lot of space because of how reclined they are. 

The Graco Snugride or the Chicco Keyfit would likely fit. 

Safest position depends on your specific vehicle, but a lot people put theirs in the middle.

this. If getting the grace the snugride22 is the most compact.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a Toyota Matrix, which is the same as the Vibe.  We started with a Graco Snugride 32 and I know that the Chicco Keyfit 30 also fits.  Ours was on the passenger side because DH is 6'4" and there is interference with the driver's seat if the car seat is in the middle.  I have to pull the passenger side seat up part of the way, but not all the way.

We just got an Evenflo Momentum 65 as a convertible seat and it has basically the same footprint as the Snugride 32 as far as how much I have to pull the seat up.

You will probably have to pull the front seat(s) up no matter which seat you choose, but I haven't found a seat yet that simply wouldn't fit at all.  (I am a CPS tech and have tried many, many seats in my car over the years.)

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    klvklv member

I have a Honda Civic, which is similar or even smaller than the Vibe.  The Chicco Keyfit30 fits in the middle with both front seats all the way back.  There is even a few inches between the car seat and front seats. 

We tried the Britax Chaperone and it was too big.  I am short so it would have fit behind me but not behind DH.  It also did not fit in our Focus  unless it was behind the passenger side and the passenger has no legs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"