North Carolina Babies

toddler bed/room change ?

not exactly sure how it happened, but here 18 months later ds is still sleeping in our room.. in his crib, thankfully not in our bed anymore, but still.

with #2 on the way,  we were hoping to get him used to a toddler bed so that we could use his crib for dd.  

well we got his room cleaned out (it's been used as a guest room/collect it all room), so there is a double bed, his toddler bed, a dresser and night stand in there.

he played happily on his new bed, but when it came time to put him to bed in it, he completely freaked out.  so back to our room he went.  then i tried putting him in there for a nap, and less of a freak out, but it just didn't work at all.

so i'm wondering which would be better... would it be better to bring the toddler bed in our room to get him used to it? if we do that, should we leave the crib up too?  

or would it be better to move the crib to his room and get him used to the room first then toddler bed?  

the only other place he's slept at is my mom's house and it's the same set up there, the crib is in the same room as our bed... but he has no problems at all sleeping there when we visit.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: toddler bed/room change ?

• If it were me, I would move his crib into the new room and try that first so that there is the comfort of his crib, but he'll have to adjust to the new room first. Then once he's comfortable with that, then try the toddler bed. That's if it were me, although I can see doing the toddler bed first...GL!
  • imagetracelini:
    If it were me, I would move his crib into the new room and try that first so that there is the comfort of his crib, but he'll have to adjust to the new room first. Then once he's comfortable with that, then try the toddler bed. That's if it were me, although I can see doing the toddler bed first...GL!

I vote for this too. The new baby will get Keira's old room so a few months ago we moved her to her new with her crib and pretty much set up it up as her old room. She transitioned awesome. We know we'll have to get her used to a bed here in the near future, but at least she will be used to her room and not have to go through 2 changes at the same time. 

You have plenty of time before DD gets here so slowly ease him the new room situation so make it as low stress on you both as possible! Good luck! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the PP's. I bet more of his issue will be with not sleeping in your room, than sleeping in the toddler bed. So maybe try to get him used to that first? GL!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• thanks ladies!  i think moving his crib is probably the best idea at this point too. 

so once he gets up from his nap (YES thank god he took one today!!) i'll start working on that... it'll give me something "productive" to do, and hopefully help keep my mind off things.  

plus i think it will be a nice surprise for dh too!  neither of us are going to know what to do with a room to ourselves!!!  

• imagesophabelle:

thanks ladies!  i think moving his crib is probably the best idea at this point too. 

so once he gets up from his nap (YES thank god he took one today!!) i'll start working on that... it'll give me something "productive" to do, and hopefully help keep my mind off things.  

plus i think it will be a nice surprise for dh too!  neither of us are going to know what to do with a room to ourselves!!!  

I can think of one thing....

• LOL  yeah that thing in particular is going to be pretty nice! ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"