January 2011 Moms
Options

Totally Bragging

So i just started back to work sunday (I work sun-wed from 3pm-11pm) well the nights have been going good i gues with my mom and pre-hubby taking care of DS. Well last night I guess was horrible. DS falls asleep between 9-10 but always by 10 and is so easy to put down (he loves bed time). So last night I get a text a little after ten from DH "he will not go to bed, leave as soon as your done no (not nice word lol) around" I was dying laughing. I knew it was bad when i got a call at 11:05 to make sure I was on my way home.I walked in the door at 11:20 my mom and DH looked miserable and DS was basically thrown at me with strict instructions the I would be killed if I nurse because he needs to go to bed without it since four days a week i'll be at work. It took this mommy 10 mins (including bottle warm up time) to get him asleep. Just a little milk and laying on mommy's tummy he was out. Now as bad as I feel about everyone's miserable night I was THRILLED. I'm sure you all understand going back to work with such a little baby and not getting 24/7 bonding time anymore. I was worried with him so little but now i know that there are times he really needs mommy. And not just cause I got the milk makers lol.  I just had to brag cause i'm still on a high lol.

Re: Totally Bragging

• Options
    aw, so sweet! it is pretty awesome when all they want is mommy. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you. I posted this on 0-3 and everyone acted like I was being rediculous because I "enjoyed" him being upset. Don't get me wrong I love hearing he has great cry free nights but sometimes it's nice to know mommy is missed :). Glad someone got it lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My fiance thinks i have it easy around here everyday. I go back to work april 4th and i can tell he's getting nervous being that he will have her during the day by himself. I know its goin to hit him like a brick when im not there to make the bottle, change the diaper, bath her, and clean up the puke :) im sure i will be on the same "high" you had!
  • Options
    I posted this same thing on the 0-3 board and they all posted back about how it was horrible it made me feel good that he was screaming and uncomfortable and then one woman even said something about my shift button being broken because I was not capitalizing even though I was typing it one handed. I knew i liked this board better for a reason... lol thanks guys
  • Options
    You have to just IGNORE..some people have too much time on their hands. And quite often what you mean when you type may come across completely different when others read it. You can't do anything about that though.
  • Options

imagegusjaim:
    Thank you. I posted this on 0-3 and everyone acted like I was being rediculous because I "enjoyed" him being upset. Don't get me wrong I love hearing he has great cry free nights but sometimes it's nice to know mommy is missed :). Glad someone got it lol

totally! I get the same reaction on the 0-3 board sometimes too, oh well! There are nights when DH gets up with LO and does all he can to get him back to sleep until I finally get up to help. As soon as he hands LO to me he's out like a light. I feel bad for DH and LO, but it still feels good to know I'm got mommy's magic touch. ;)

• Options
    I have the feeling my story will be the same when I go back to work next week... won't be getting off work until 8 pm, and DH will be alllllll alone with baby boy at home all day. ;) You just gotta love looking into that sweet little sleeping face and thinking "HAHA!! He needed ME, biotch!"
  • Options

As great as Dads can be (and there are some really great ones out there) nothing compares to "Mommy Magic"   - you will have it no matter how many hours you have to work.  I go back to work in about a month. I hope to have a few reaffirming moments like the one you had.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"