North Carolina Babies

Calling Charlotte moms!

DH and I are thinking of moving to Charlotte, my sister lives there and my parents are in SC- so it would be closer to family.

My sister was telling me that daycares are expensive and have long wait lists- is this the case? Day care in Vegas is pretty inexpensive- we pay $150 a week- DD is 15 months old, but will 2 by the time we would be in Charlotte.

Also where can you find the in home day care providers, I have heard that is popular there as well. Thanks so much!

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Calling Charlotte moms!

• Welcome!  This website lists the care providers in the state.  Click on the top left where it reads 'Search for Childcare.'  You can search by center, in-home, church provider, etc.  Church run daycare centers are the big thing around here, especially the closer to the city you get.  They are often ranked very highly and have waitlists.

I can't really help you with rate as I am out past the suburbs and have an infant.

Good luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a 15 month old, in a day care center and pay $168/wk which is on the lower end for a center. Home and church dc centers are probably your least expensive bet. Rates depend on what part of town you are in too...Ballantyne, Lake Norman, Southpark rates tend to be a bit higher b/c they are some of the wealthier area around town. Good luck!
    M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • Loading the player...
  • Like pp said - it really depends upon the area you live in as to the cost of childcare.  For infants we found anywhere from $250 - $300 / week.  In home care is definitely less expensive - probably around $200 / week.  There are long waiting lists at some places, but again - really depends upon the center and the area.  Good Luck!   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"