North Carolina Babies

Britax Marathon, Boulevard or Advocate?

(I mistakenly posted this on the nest board.  Whoops.)

We want to go ahead and buy convertible car seats for the boys.

Diapers.com is having a Britax sale, so we want to go ahead and get them and move the boys over soon.  I'm so confused as to which one is the best.  If you have any of them, which one and what do you like about it?

Thanks!!

TTC since Jan. 07
6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!

Re: Britax Marathon, Boulevard or Advocate?

• We have the Marathon. Can't remember exactly why we chose that, but I think maybe it was good for larger/taller kids and J is pretty tall for his age.
  • We also have the Marathon and I really like it. DD was always up in percentile (85% or higher) so we chose that one. We have had no issues with it fitting RF or FF in either of our cars, one is a small sedan and one is a medium size sedan. I liked the safety features and how long it would last based on height and weight. It came highly recommended by friends/family as well. I got a steal on a discontinued fabric version I think from Albee Baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a Boulevard, Diplomat and Roundabout.  Boulevard and Diplomat have the side things by the head (sorry not coming to me what they call it).  Boulevard is just the bigger version. 

I would decide on whether you want the head thing AND the weight.  Marathon and Boulevard go to heigher weight and Diplomat and Roundabout are 40 lbs.  Camryn might be 40 lbs in the next year so she would outgrow it.  If you think they are going to outweigh the 40 lbs, then I'd get Marathon or Boulevard.

(I don't know which one is Advocate.)

Don't know if that made any sense or helped.

And just keep in mind the Marathon and Boulevard are taller and take up more room rearfacing, so that's another consideration. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• We have the Boulevard for our kids - it was the one that lasted the longest - up to 65 #s. We love them!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• We have a Diplomat and I really like it. It has side head protection and seems more cozy than other models. It goes up to 40lbs and Keira is only 25lbs at 2 years old so we are set for a while......although I foresee a Graco Nautilus in our future when the baby is out of her infant seat and inherits K's Diplomat!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thanks everyone!  We went to a store tonight that had a Boulevard in stock.  DH tried it out in our Acadia and it fits just fine.   That's probably what we will go with.  Thanks for your responses. :)
    TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
  • We have a Diplomat, a Boulevard and an Advocate.Albeebaby.com tends to have great prices on them. Basically, the Marathon/Boulevard/Advocate are all the same base seat, with the Boulevard having more padding/head wings, and the Advocate is exactly the same as the Boulevard but has these extra side impact protectors which makes it really wide.

We love the Boulevard and Advocate both- we had a terrible Graco seat where his head flopped all over and it was so upright. The Britax seats look so comfy and his head is always supported when he's asleep. Plus they seem to be higher than other seats so DS can see out of the window. Very easy to adjust them too. Good luck!

Also..the Diplomat is a smaller version of the Boulevard (same padding, etc) but only goes up to 40 lbs.

M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"