Maryland Babies

Tomorrow I will be a MOM!!!

Wow..it's so weird and I don't think will really sink in until the baby is in my arms!  STILL no progress at the docs today...baby is high still and my cervix is closed tight...that's why I cannot get my membranes stripped I think..but honestly that never came up.  When I talked with the doctor he said we could do an induction to say I tried... but he seems to think it will end up being a c-section anyway but if I really wanted to try we could.  Based on all of the info I've researched and after talking with many family and friends about their experiences (yes I know they can all be diff but it helps) I decided just to do what Dr. Hajj recommended which was a c-section.  I am really happy with the decision and DH was funny saying that at least I will get a free shave and my vajay jay won't get stretched...way to be positive!  I am actually really comfortable with the decision and I think it's going to be the best as my baby is going to be well above 8lbs based on his prediction.  The only 'concern' I have is with breast feeding but I've requested to have no visitors until the baby can feed for the first time so hopefully that works. 

So surgery is scheduled for 12:30pm tomorrow.  If I am feeling up to it I will try to post on facebook the news as soon as I am able and up to it.  If anything I will text Jade and she can post an update (are you cool with that Erin!?)  Anyone whose my friend you will have to update all the bumpies/nesties for me too if I can get around to updating via my phone.

Surprisingly not nervous at all and really liking that I know that I have to be packed tonight and can get everything ready and together before leaving tomorrow morning...this may actually agree with my OCD personality more.  I am just so PUMPED to find out if we're having a girl or boy...I know everyone finds out these days but for those of you debating (if you are at that stage) I recommend if you can to not find out...it's been so exciting and really I think it's taking my mind off everything else.  It has been challenging at times but I think will be such a great surprise!  (Of course everyone needs to do whats best for them but..it's worked great for me!)

So tomorrow I will be a mom!! EEEEEEEKkkk!!! Big Smile

image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/

Re: Tomorrow I will be a MOM!!!

• yay!!!  go you

Can't wait to hear about your litte girl or little boy! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I will be wishing you a speedy recovery and a healthy LO! Best of luck tomorrow.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay, I am excited for you.  I love Dr. Hajj and trust his experience.  You are in great hands.

My sister went into the labor the night before her scheduled induction, so who knows now that baby knows s/he is getting evicted tomorrow s/he may decide to get moving.

Good Luck!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Omg - I am SO excited for you!!!!  Can't wait to here team blue or pink and to see those first pics.  Good luck, mama!  We'll all be thinking of you!
    lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Good luck tomorrow. Can't wait to hear about your LO!

• Best of luck tomorrow.  Lots of fingers crossed for an easy and fast delivery. 
  • But now my guess will be off for time ;p

Good luck tomorrow!! I am very excited to see what you are having :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • That's great

i had my lo at exaxtly forty one weeks so i know u are so excited.

congrats new mommy 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Good luck!!! So exciting!!!
    Jen, mom to Evan-6yrs and Ella-20 months
  • Good luck! One last piece of advice, ask the nurse if they can insert the catheter after the spinal, not before. It hurt!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Yay for a plan!! I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Good luck to you! My co-worker went to Dr. Hajj and only had great things to say about her c-section.
  • imageSnoopyLuv:
    Good luck! One last piece of advice, ask the nurse if they can insert the catheter after the spinal, not before. It hurt!

This! My co-worker said that by far that was the worst part of the entire experience lol.

• Glad you have a plan that you are at peace with! Have an enjoyable and restful night tonight because it is the last one for a long time Wink Good luck!
  • imagebsktbllqt11:

imageSnoopyLuv:
    Good luck! One last piece of advice, ask the nurse if they can insert the catheter after the spinal, not before. It hurt!

This! My co-worker said that by far that was the worst part of the entire experience lol.

I just talked to my SIL and she said they do it in prep before your pain meds...she told me it wasn't bad at all..now I am worried..maybe I will talk to the nurse when we check in.  

image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • imageBunintheOven311:
    imagebsktbllqt11:

imageSnoopyLuv:

I just talked to my SIL and she said they do it in prep before your pain meds...she told me it wasn't bad at all..now I am worried..maybe I will talk to the nurse when we check in.  

They did my catheter about 30 seconds after my epidural.  And, actually, the nurse warned me before they did the epidural - she said "after we get the epidural in, things are going to go really fast" and she was right. 

• imageBunintheOven311:

If anything I will text Jade and she can post an update (are you cool with that Erin!?) 

No problemo! I'd be honored!

• imageBunintheOven311:
    imagebsktbllqt11:

imageSnoopyLuv:

If you don't want it done before the epidural you CAN tell them that. The great thing about a scheduled c/s is that you can really discuss your wishes! The nurse is the one who will put it in, so just give her a heads up that you want to wait until you are numb.

• imageABMcKinney:
    imageBunintheOven311:
    imagebsktbllqt11:

imageSnoopyLuv:

Good to know!

If you don't want it done before the epidural you CAN tell them that. The great thing about a scheduled c/s is that you can really discuss your wishes! The nurse is the one who will put it in, so just give her a heads up that you want to wait until you are numb.

• Good luck Bun!! I can't wait to find out if its a boy or a girl. I'm glad you are happy with your current birth plan!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • YAY for you!  Good luck & just focus on the end result, b/c it is SO WORTH IT. :)  Can't wait to find out if you're team pink or team blue!

(And we were team green too and I completely agree w/what you said... keeping in mind that I was FINALLY going to find out what I'd been carrying w/me for 9 months was what kept me pushing for almost 2 hours.  DH and I will never find out w/future pregnancies after how amazingly exciting DS's arrival/surprise was)

• So excited for you!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck! And don't worry about the catheter. It only takes a second to put in. In my experience, it didn't hurt, and it will be in before you know it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"