Maryland Babies
Options

I'm thinking Evie will be...

Left Handed.  I know that it is too early to tell for sure, but she is showing a STRONG leftie preference.  She has been eating left handed and when she reaches for the spoon it is always with her left hand.  Also, she'll pick topys up with her left and then transfer it to her right.

I guess time will tell.

She seems to have gotten all of my husband and I's recessive genes!  She has red hair (ME), blue eyes (DH), a cleft chin (DH), a widow's peak (ME), her second toe is longer than the first (ME and Dh) and now she appears to be left handed (DH).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: I'm thinking Evie will be...

• Options

I don't think it's too early to tell at all! 

DD is a lefty (like me) and I was definitely able to tell by 1 year.     

Yay for lefties!  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Aw!

Annabelle and I both have that very long second toe too. Although all of us have blue eyes and I have no idea which hand she will use. She still uses both. 

How is Evie doing? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

She is doing great! 

We had an Occupational Therapy evaluation and they said that she is doing so well that she doesn't need their services.  The OT told me that she is actually a little ahead in some areas.  For example she is pointing on purpose to ask for things and that is a 13 month skill.  Evie's adjusted age at the eval was 10 1/2 months.  Big Smile

We have her 1 yr well baby on Monday and I am really curious to find out her height and weight.  At her last sick baby appointment several weeks ago she was 25 pounds and 32 inches long!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Aww yay for red heads and lefties!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely not too early to tell.  Aiden favored his left hand as soon as he could feed himself, and is definitely a lefty!
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Options

DS is this way, too!  Ever since he began to be able to pick up/hold toys, he's shown a strong preference for his left hand.  Now, when he feeds himself, he will consistently use his left hand - if you watch him, he rarely uses his right hand to eat (only when he's double-fisting his favorite foods to stuff it in faster!).  If you hand him something that he has to take w/ his right hand, he will transfer it to his left hand as quickly as possible.  His daddy is thrilled b/c he has high hopes of a pitcher (just like Daddy) and a southpaw who can throw would be his dream come true. Stick out tongue

So, all that to say that I don't think it's too early to tell for Evie!  And lucky girl w/ her red hair and blue eyes - I always think that's such a pretty combination!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"